ArcadeTwist that pop-ups on the screen is considered as adware program that sneaks into the system through other software. It is not a virus. Basically, adware are bundled with freeware that is promoted on various web sites. It draws user’s attention by pretending as a useful tool that is essential on the browser. Some ArcadeTwist adware may come from fake software update for Adobe, Java, and multimedia player.
ArcadeTwist is a browser game that is reported to be compromised and sending user’s browser to multiple web sites that exhibits malicious advertisements. It is also the destination page for search results if the computer is hijack by relevant adware.
If ArcadeTwist adware is present, we mentioned that constant pop-up, redirects, and hijacking are performed on the computer. These annoyances can only be stopped if you fully removed ArcadeTwist adware from the PC. Deleting the add-on or plug-in linked to this threat is not enough to stop the pop-ups from showing. Re-installing the affected application like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox is also not the key to destroy ArcadeTwist adware.
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: PUP.Optional.ArcadeTwist.A
ArcadeTwist Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting Arcadetwist.com hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete ArcadeTwist Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to ArcadeTwist.
Remove ArcadeTwist Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find ArcadeTwist or relevant entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall ArcadeTwist Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is pertaining to ArcadeTwist and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Arcadetwist.com is also gone from the homepage.
Remove ArcadeTwist Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable entries of ArcadeTwist from Toolbars and Extension. Additionally, delete Arcadetwist.com from Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If ArcadeTwist is still present on the IE browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups originating from Arcadetwist.com, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select ArcadeTwist or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Anti-malware Program
To remove ArcadeTwist automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker like ArcadeTwist that assigns Arcadetwist.com as the homepage URL.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MBSetup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. After the installation process, click Get Started to run the program.
5. Continue with the prompts until the main program opens.
6. On Malwarebytes Anti-malware console, click on Scan to run the most comprehensive detection method and find any hidden items linked to ArcadeTwist.
7. Wait for the anti-malware to finish scanning the computer.
8. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats including ArcadeTwist and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the ArcadeTwist browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and Arcadetwist.com still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of ArcadeTwist on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces Arcadetwist.com pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by ArcadeTwist.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to ArcadeTwist. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with Arcadetwist.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by ArcadeTwist. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with ArcadeTwist. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from ArcadeTwist. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of ArcadeTwist.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed ArcadeTwist extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to ArcadeTwist. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. ArcadeTwist should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by ArcadeTwist and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.