Antivirus Security Pro – Malware Security Suite is a fake antivirus program originating from WinWebSec family. This new version is a direct clone of Attentive Antivirus malware. If you do a research, both rogue software shares the same graphical user interface (GUI). Functions are also the same. In fact, the mentioned programs were not the first and last of its kind. Expect that other variants of Antivirus Security Pro will go out soon, striking many computers around the world.
Compromised web sites, spam emails, malicious links, and instant messaging programs are the main conduit of spreading Antivirus Security Pro virus. Additionally, Trojan is utilized to spot a weakness on the computer and exploit it to inject the fake antivirus without user’s notice.
During the presence of Antivirus Security Pro, user may observe instant virus scan when Windows starts. Viruses, Trojans, and other sorts of computer infection are shown in the result. Remember that the scan commences without your command and therefore you must be alerted on this. Results provided by Antivirus Security Pro virus scan is untrue, it just tries to scare you.
Aside from fake scan results, Antivirus Security Pro also pop-up fake alerts and warning including the following:
Warning! Infected file detected
Location: File System
Suspicious activity detected in the application file.exe to the behavior of the virus Win32/Conficker.X. For your security and to avoid loss of data, the operation of application file.exe has been temporarily restricted.
Warning! Network attack attempt detected.
We strongly recommend activating full edition of Antivirus Security Pro for repairing threats.
You need to ignore those fake warnings; otherwise, you will end up buying the Antivirus Security Pro registration key.
How to Remove Antivirus Security Pro
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Antivirus Security Pro, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Antivirus Security Pro, click on Buy Full Edition button at the bottom of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Antivirus Security Pro Activation Code: AA39754E-715219CE
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Antivirus Security Pro and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Antivirus Security Pro’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Antivirus Security Pro. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Antivirus Security Pro entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Antivirus Security Pro have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.
Post Last Modified On August 25, 2013