Pop-up ads may appear from the server of gip.driverdiv.net if your computer is compromised with adware or potentially unwanted program. The ads may open in New Tab of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. While full page pop-ups is the effect of gip.driverdiv.net on Internet Explorer. Aside from pop-ups, computer users also reported that content ads are seen on web pages.
This malicious code is distributed through various ways. Malicious web sites or even legitimate web sites that are infected with adware may spread this code. Other than that, computer may be affected with gip.driverdiv.net pop-up ads when a program packed with adware is installed on the computer. Again, anyone can obtain this adware packed software not only from unknown web sites. Even popular and reliable sites are hosting them.
Once you install the malicious software, you are also loading codes of gip.driverdiv.net. It directly hits the browser by injecting add-ons. It may start together with the Internet program as browser helper object (BHO). Then, this code leads to pop-up advertisements and banners that constantly appear on the browser when user begins to surf the web. It is too bothering that your browser will often redirect to ads and unwanted web sites. For this reason, many computer users require the removal steps for gip.driverdiv.net, which was available on this article.
Online Security Scanner Report for gip.driverdiv.net:
|Threats found||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 27, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/a||Updated: Sept. 27, 2013|
|Surf with caution||Ratings: 0 Likes, 1 Dislikes||Updated: Sept. 27, 2013|
gip.driverdiv.net Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to gip.driverdiv.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove gip.driverdiv.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted gip.driverdiv.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of gip.driverdiv.net on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with gip.driverdiv.net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to gip.driverdiv.net.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. gip.driverdiv.net should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by gip.driverdiv.net and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.
Post Last Modified On September 28, 2014