“Browser Enhance” is supposedly an optimization tool for Internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. However, with the aggressive method it has exhibited to enter one’s computer, many conceived it as potentially unwanted program. “Browser Enhance” comes into the computer uninvited through freeware and shareware. People behind this adware are taking advantages of ‘Pay-per-install’ scheme initiated by some developers. With this system, freeware authors can bundle any programs into the distribution of the product for a particular price.
Once user installs freeware, they usually have no idea that “Browser Enhance” will also be injected into the system. Moreover, antivirus programs will not react into these because “Browser Enhance” is not identified as virus. Even security expert agrees that malicious program such as this fits the category of Adware.
Other ways to deploy “Browser Enhance” is through malicious links that you may receive from spam email messages. In addition, you must also beware of links that you may receive from social media sites and any online movie sites.
Presence of “Browser Enhance” causes severe annoyances for end users. It modifies the browser so that it can issue excessive advertising module like pop-up ads and banners. Alteration of this adware can also root to browser redirects that may deliver malicious pages on your computer.
As discussed, the adware installs quickly easily on the browser. However, if you wish to remove it, adware authors’ devices a technique to make the process complicated. It is using random name as add-on or extension to mislead you.
Online Security Scanner Report for browserenhance.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 13, 2014|
How to Stop “Browser Enhance” Ads (Removal Guide)
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “Browser Enhance”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted “Browser Enhance” from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of “Browser Enhance” on the affected browser.
Optional: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from “Browser Enhance”
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with “Browser Enhance”. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to “Browser Enhance”. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, you can view complete procedures here.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. “Browser Enhance” should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by “Browser Enhance” and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the instructions manually, please see this specific procedure.
Post Last Modified On January 13, 2014