asrv-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads appear on the computer that is compromised with an adware program. This is considered security risks because it may deliver malicious links that can lead to virus or malware infection when clicked. Ads by asrv-a.akamaihd.net may also show if you are visiting web sites supporting this adware. Just because its main objective is to deliver ads, you may find this adware on certain web sites. To be safe, just ignore the pop-up ads and steer away from the malicious page showing publishing ads by asrv-a.akamaihd.net.
This adware can conquer ones computer when add-on or extension is installed. You may not know it, but you can obtain this adware even without your command. It is bundled to freeware or shareware that are often hosted on reputable web sites. Code is injected into free tools, games, software updates, or Internet connection booster programs.
Once asrv-a.akamaihd.net is present on the computer, there are a number of obvious changes. Add-on exists on the configuration of the browser. Browser redirect issue will persist, rerouting your web page to unwanted web sites. Furthermore, existence of asrv-a.akamaihd.net adware brings excessive pop-up ads that you can never stop no matter pop-up blocker is active.
The only way to stop asrv-a.akamaihd.net pop-up ads is to totally remove the add-on, extension, and all other items it has injected into the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for asrv-a.akamaihd.net:
|No Issue||Community Rating: 139/5.0||Updated: June 06, 2014|
|Link is safe||Feedback: Safe||Updated: June 06, 2014|
|Surf with caution||Rating: 69% Positive||Updated: June 06, 2014|
asrv-a.akamaihd.net Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like asrv-a.akamaihd.net. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to asrv-a.akamaihd.net. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to asrv-a.akamaihd.net. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove asrv-a.akamaihd.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted asrv-a.akamaihd.net from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of asrv-a.akamaihd.net on the affected browser.