Windows AntiVirus Helper is a fake security software that you need to get rid from the system before it adds more harm. Malware like this is spreading on thousand of computers worldwide through the Internet link. Software exploits and weakness in Internet browser programs are believed to be exploited by Windows AntiVirus Helper to gain access on target computer. Malicious links from social media sites and spam email messages also contributes to the delivery of Windows AntiVirus Helper onto victim’s PC.
If this fake anti-virus program is run by user, it can take command of the computer by blocking access to files and folders. Furthermore, Windows AntiVirus Helper will disable installed anti-virus program to avoid detection and deter user from removing this malware. In addition, this bogus security application blocks your Internet access to security web sites preventing you from downloading removal tools and proper guide to delete Windows AntiVirus Helper from the infected computer.
Once Windows AntiVirus Helper is running on the computer, it will begin to display fake warnings and pop-up alerts stating several infections detected on Windows operating system. Obviously, these alerts are just ploy to deceive computer users and force them to pay for the Windows AntiVirus Helper registration code.
As you can see, this fake program was made to steal money from you using various method of deception. Never pay for this worthless program and execute the removal steps to eliminate this threat from the computer right away.
How to Remove Windows AntiVirus Helper
This threat can run on the system just like any other installed software. However, adware and malware doesn’t allow user to easily remove its file in typical manner.
Normal uninstall procedure may not be sufficient in the case of this threat. Thus, it is important to scan the computer with efficient tools to find and delete hidden and concealed malicious entities.
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Windows AntiVirus Helper , we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Windows AntiVirus Helper , click on Activate Ultimate Protection at the top of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Windows AntiVirus Helper Activation Code: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0021
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Windows AntiVirus Helper and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Windows AntiVirus Helper ‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Windows AntiVirus Helper . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Windows AntiVirus Helper entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Windows AntiVirus Helper have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.