Fake Amazon Loyalty Program has been popping up all over the internet, especially when visiting media streaming and file download websites. At first glimpse, it appears to be legit. Hence, by refreshing the browser, cautious web users may instantly learn that the origin of this Amazon Loyalty Program scam are suspicious domains like Firsthomeoxygen.top, Beendreambusy.top, and so on.
On the initial view with this fake Amazon Loyalty Program, the attackers aim to attract web users by telling them that they were lucky to have been selected to answer the survey and get a chance to win an Apple iPhone 12. Unknown to web users, the objective of this fake pop-up is to collect private details from web users. Below is the content of the fake Amazon Loyalty Program pop-up.
Today, you have been randomly selected to take this survey. It will only take a minute and you will receive an amazing prize: Apple iPhone 11 Pro!
Like every Thursday, we offer amazing prizes to 10 users. Today’s prize is an Apple iPhone 11 Pro! Only 10 lucky users living in (country) will be the winners!
This survey is conducted to improve the services provided to our users, and your participation will be 100% rewarded!
Hurry up, the prizes are limited!
Risks to online privacy
A suspicious online survey such as this usually asks web users to submit personal details like gender, age, full name, and contact details. Hence, submitting this required information is just a part of data gathering by the Amazon Loyalty Program scam. At the end of the survey and before web users may claim the supposed prize, it will request for the submission of credit card details. According to the website, this will serve as payment for the processing and shipping.
This scheme by Amazon Loyalty Program pop-up scam is one way for attackers in order to extract valuable information from web users. The collected data, particularly banking details will be exploited to other online fraudulent activities of cyber criminals. Therefore, never submit any critical information to this kind fake Amazon Loyalty Program pages.
As we strongly advised, close any browser window pertaining to prizes and rewards as the majority of these are fraudulent. Next, check if the pop-up is caused by adware infection. To do this, a virus and malware scan must be carried out. Complete steps to accomplish this is the topic on the next segment.
Amazon Loyalty Program Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting browser hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove any suspicious the extension from the affected browser program.
Remove Malicious Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find questionable entry and remove it from Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall Malware Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for suspicious object and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that Amazon Loyalty Program is also gone from the internet browser app.
Remove suspicious Add-ons from Internet Explorer and Edge Browser
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Amazon Loyalty Program is still present on the IE browser and there are still unwanted homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
4. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
5. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select doubtful item or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Step 2 : Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Amazon Loyalty Program through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Amazon Loyalty Program, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Amazon Loyalty Program pop-up and redirect including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Amazon Loyalty Program on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces hijacking, redirects, and pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Amazon Loyalty Program pop-up.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Amazon Loyalty Program. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with the hijacker.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by Amazon Loyalty Program pop-up. If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Amazon Loyalty Program. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Amazon Loyalty Program. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries of Amazon Loyalty Program.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Amazon Loyalty Program extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Amazon Loyalty Program. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Amazon Loyalty Program should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference. Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Amazon Loyalty Program and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please add-on removal from Internet Explorer.