Dog Cuties is a malicious search engine that is added as a browser extension to the Internet browser application. Attackers created this add-on to take control of the browser program and set Dogcuties.com as the new default homepage and search engine. As a result, every time a web user conducts an online search, Dog Cuties’ dubious service handles it. Because of this, the outcome could be different and won’t likely be as beneficial as it was when Google, Bing, or Yahoo were still in control of disseminating the search results.
How do Dog Cuties spread?
The most popular technique for spreading Dog Cuties is through aggressive promotion. When visiting websites that are connected with media streaming, media download, and file converter websites, web users commonly encounter such advertisements. These websites have the capacity to carry out redirections that lead to browser pages with Dog Cuties download materials. Many web users downloaded Dog Cuties on purpose because they found the context so intriguing.
Malicious software installation packages that come in the form of freeware, such as utilities, creativity programs, games, media players, download managers, file converters, and other items, are another way to spread adware. Computer users are surprised by Dog Cuties’ unexpected appearance on the computer because installing the software bundle does not indicate that it will also be installed at the same time. They also don’t understand how Dogcuties.com managed to overcome browser preferences. The majority of victims mistake Dog Cuties for a computer virus because of this intrusive behavior. These concerning behaviors were even made worse by a variety of internet browser annoyances, such as an excessive amount of pop-up advertisements, redirection, and search hijacking.
Dog Cuties—is it a virus?
Dog Cuties has been categorically classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP), along with other such programs like MyWallPaper and Web Guard Plus. They claim that the danger isn’t a virus and that it wasn’t intended to cause infections on the computer system. Dog Cuties intends to modify the default settings of popular internet browser apps.
Dog Cuties is not a safe application, even though it does not fall under the computer virus category. Remember that there are still risks associated with it, so it is advised that you remove this peculiar browser extension.
Dog Cuties Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised Windows computer. Aside from removing the malicious browser extension, this guide is also helpful in deleting hijacker and pop-ups.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Step 1 : Delete Dog Cuties Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Dog Cuties. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the Dog Cuties Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Dog Cuties or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the Dog Cuties Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Dog Cuties and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove Dog Cuties from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select Dog Cuties or a recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Dog Cuties is still present on the browser and there are still homepage and pop-ups, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable entries for Dog Cuties from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 2 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Dog Cuties automatically, checking the computer with this powerful malware scanner recommended. This security application does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering browser hijacker that assigns as the homepage URL.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program like Dog Cuties.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Dog Cuties and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
The above procedures should have totally eliminated the Dog Cuties browser hijacker. However, if you found that there are still remnants of the threat and still exists on internet application, please proceed to manual removal of associated objects as outlined below.
Step 3 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Dog Cuties on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications as well as invalid browser entries that produces pop-ups.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Dog Cuties.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Dog Cuties. It will also check for suspicious entries on browser settings that is associated with .
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by . If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Optional : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Dog Cuties. The procedure below discusses on resetting various browsers to their default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to its default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extensions, such as Dog Cuties. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty removing unwanted extensions.
1. Open the Google Chrome internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press the Enter key.
3. Click on Reset Settings on the sidebar and choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. On the confirmation window, click the Reset settings button to clear all entries for Dog Cuties.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed the Dog Cuties extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extensions from Firefox that may be related to Dog Cuties. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only a specific extension, please see the manual removal of add-ons from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on the Firefox web address and press Enter on the keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section in the upper-right corner of the screen stating, Give Firefox a tune-up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If a confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Dog Cuties should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Microsoft Edge to Default Settings
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
2. On the address bar, please input edge://settings/reset and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Once you are on the Reset Settings page, click on Restore settings to their default values.
4. A confirmation window will appear; click on the Reset button to continue.
Your data, like favorites, bookmarks, and history, will remain in the browser. However, this process will delete add-ons by Dog Cuties and other unknown objects.
How to remove Pop-ups (Notification)
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website . It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below. Remember, these steps may only be successful after the removal of the main component or dubious browser extension.
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for .
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if pop-up is gone.
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on .
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if pop-up is gone.
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.