While browsing online, Internet users can run up against a website that displays aggressive types of pop-ups and ads. These websites can be harmful and it could drive the browser to pages that serves adware or malware. An example of this is resolves to URL Digitalsmirror.com.
Digitalsmirror.com is a doubtful website, which displays various types of pop-up ads while online users is surfing the web. It also causes redirections to harmful websites or unwanted pages such as online gambling sites, unlawful media streaming platforms, or scam and phishing sites. The principal objective of Digitalsmirror.com is to make revenue through its pay-per-install method, which could be operational on its click-bait scheme. Pop-ups that reveals on Digitalsmirror.com may be from junk sites that may redirect users to web pages displaying hazardous content.
An access to Digitalsmirror.com could only be harmful if online users enabled the pop-up alerts from this website. For this reason, Digitalsmirror.com may display click-trap to require web users into clicking prompts such as “Please click the allow button to continue” or “To close this page, click allow”. A confirmation from web users means that Digitalsmirror.com may send contextual notifications to the browser window. It could contain misleading advertisements like fake software updates or bogus awards and prizes. A single click may also redirect users to other rogue sites that are risky such as Startusef1le.com, Fsalfrwdr.com, and more.
Objective of Digitalsmirror.com
Crook web developers have designed Digitalsmirror.com with the intent to generate profits online without worrying if its actions are harmful to the computer. Displaying ads on the browser is normal, though; there are website owners who profited from this scheme for selfish benefit. The occurrence of Digitalsmirror.com on the internet application was made possible by the potentially unwanted application (PUA) or adware that exists on the system. These undesirable programs sneaks into the computer without permission from users. The moment it gains entry on the device, it integrates system infections and other malicious codes. In this manner, Digitalsmirror.com can direct the browser to partner’s websites. Another possible reason is through ads on similar-malicious websites that Internet users frequently access such as torrents or adult-oriented websites. It may also display pop-ups that could redirect online users to different webpages unwanted online pages.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Digitalsmirror.com will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||188.8.131.52|
|Other malicious sites on the same server||streamingmadness.net|
coolestmedia.net (see details)
intimepoint.com (see details)
Steps to remove Digitalsmirror.com pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Digitalsmirror.com. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Digitalsmirror.com are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Digitalsmirror.com pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Digitalsmirror.com from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Digitalsmirror.com from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allow" section and look for Digitalsmirror.com.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Digitalsmirror.com list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Digitalsmirror.com from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Digitalsmirror.com on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Digitalsmirror.com entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Digitalsmirror.com pop-up is gone.
Remove Digitalsmirror.com from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Digitalsmirror.com.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Digitalsmirror.com pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Digitalsmirror.com on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Digitalsmirror.com from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Digitalsmirror.com pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Digitalsmirror.com from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Digitalsmirror.com automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Digitalsmirror.com that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Digitalsmirror.com.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Digitalsmirror.com and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Digitalsmirror.com on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Digitalsmirror.com.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Digitalsmirror.com.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Digitalsmirror.com from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Digitalsmirror.com. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Digitalsmirror.com.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Digitalsmirror.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Digitalsmirror.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.