With a page title fbDownloader Search, this unknown tool looks like a legitimate search engine that functions similar to Google or Bing. Make no mistake about it, because the program that is linked to it is not the type that you can trust. In short fbDownloader Search and the web address search.fbdownloader.com are regarded as harmful and malicious. You must get rid of the program when found that it is present on the computer.
Without user’s acceptance, search.fbdownloader.com is added to the browser as an add-on. It starts and run as browser helper object (BHO). This is one reason why some antivirus programs were not able to detect its malicious intent once running alongside the browser. It replaces the home page with own search box forgetting whatever you have set previously. By using search.fbdownloader.com, authors get a chance to earn online profit through pay-per-click scheme applied on the site. You may never notice but advertisement links are mixed with the search results. Sponsored web sites are likewise offered both on home page and search results page.
You must remove search.fbdownloader.com when you see its presence on the browser. Add/remove program of Windows is often used to uninstall the culprit program that drops the browser hijacker. If the method is not enough to clean-up the PC, you must scan the system with removal tools and security programs.
Online Security Scanner Report for search.fbdownloader.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct 24, 2013|
|Link is safe||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Oct 24, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Oct 24, 2013|
search.fbdownloader.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like search.fbdownloader.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to search.fbdownloader.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to search.fbdownloader.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove search.fbdownloader.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted search.fbdownloader.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of search.fbdownloader.com on the affected browser.