Many people are very fond of surfing in the internet and as we keep on searching, we are going through different websites. There are some instances that while we are on a certain website, there is always a pop up that when clicked, it get us redirected to another web page. Usually it is a malicious or untrustworthy site. It is also a kind of threat to computer and web browser. That is when Cleantraf.xyz comes in.
What is Cleantraf.xyz?
Cleantraf.xyz has similarities with Enablesa.xyz and Whatchnow.xyz. It is a kind of computer threat where it gets you redirected to another web page by means of intrusive advertisements that usually pops up in the websites while we are browsing it. Cleantraf.xyz webpage is presented by unwanted or random contents. There are some users or visitors who enter in Cleantraf.xyz intentionally. They just clicked the intrusive ads and get automatically redirected to various sources of Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA). Cleantraf.xyz does not need users’ permission to infiltrate devices. Potentially unwanted application operates by generating redirects or launching intrusive advertisements by spying on the users browsing history.
What happens when Cleantraf.xyz is accessed?
Once redirected to this web page, it started to check your IP address to be able to locate or track your location. Location details are very crucial in this kind of behavior. Either user is presented by questionable material or redirected elsewhere will depend on the location. In addition, Cleantraf.xyz requests the user or visitors to permit notifications by using click baits such as “Update is available for your computer” or “Click allow to download update“. Once the user allows the notifications, the web page Cleantraf.xyz may start to deliver and present intrusive ads such as pop ups, banners, surveys, or coupons.
Cleantraf.xyz can cause to reduce browsing experience of the user or visitors. It slows down the computer performance while browsing. It is also considered to be a threat to privacy and security of the users’ device and even to the user or visitor itself. Cleantraf.xyz usually contains contents that are untrustworthy, compromised or scam sites. This threat is designed to download or install PUAs. This unwanted apps can force-open similar harmful sites or applications. This can also access and record the users browsing activity such as visited links or search histories. It also gathers personal information like IP Address and other important information. This information can be used against the user for a profit purpose. The presence of Cleantraf.xyz can cause infiltration and infection leading to privacy and security issues.
The common way for an unwanted application to infiltrate a device is through downloading or installing setups from different programs. It can be installed by means of bundled packages which operator includes this type of threat or virus. Just like any other, it appears to tempt the users or visitors by offering installation of a so-called “useful” function, but the truth is it hides risk of damage and infection to the device. Malware researchers recommend using anti-malware tools or apps to check or scan our devices if ever it is infected by Cleantraf.xyz threat.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Cleantraf.xyz will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||22.214.171.124|
Cleantraf.xyz Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Cleantraf.xyz through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Cleantraf.xyz, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Cleantraf.xyz redirect including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Cleantraf.xyz pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Cleantraf.xyz from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Cleantraf.xyz from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Cleantraf.xyz.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Cleantraf.xyz list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Cleantraf.xyz from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Cleantraf.xyz pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Cleantraf.xyz entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Cleantraf.xyz pop-up is gone.
Remove Cleantraf.xyz from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Cleantraf.xyz.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Cleantraf.xyz pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Cleantraf.xyz from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Cleantraf.xyz from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Cleantraf.xyz to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Cleantraf.xyz.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Cleantraf.xyz pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted applications are using a program called browser extension to be able to take over the settings of internet software. Therefore, we highly recommend to check and remove the extension that is closely related to Cleantraf.xyz.
For Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Find suspicious browser extension and Remove it from Google Chrome.
4. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
For Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions on sidebar menu.
4. Look for object that is suspicious and may be relevant to Cleantraf.xyz. Click Remove to delete it from Mozilla Firefox.
For Internet Explorer (Uninstall For Edge Browser)
1. Open Internet Explorer program.
2. Go to top Menu and click Tools. Then, select Manage Add-ons from the drop-down list.
3. Look for and Remove or Disable suspicious entries from Toolbars and Extension and Search Providers section.
4. Close the window and restart Internet Explorer.
If Cleantraf.xyz is still present on the IE browser, another option is to remove the adware from Windows Control Panel.
5. Press Windows Key + R and then, type appwiz.cpl command.
6. Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in chronological manner with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on 'Installed On' column.
7. Select any distrustful item or recently installed unwanted entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from Windows system.
Please restart the computer to complete the uninstall procedure.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Cleantraf.xyz
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. On this instance, resetting the browser to default configuration is the only best solution. If Cleantraf.xyz is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to reset the settings of affected browser program.
Use Chrome Clean Up Tool to Delete Cleantraf.xyz
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. Type this strings in the address box: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down and expand Advanced settings area.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset and Cleanup section.
5. Click on Clean Up Computer. On next page, please click FIND to proceed.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find harmful software and remove it instantly. If unable to delete Cleantraf.xyz, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. Just go back to previous page (Clean Up Computer) and reset the settings. See more details on this page.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
If Mozilla Firefox is affected by Cleantraf.xyz and procedures above were not helpful, we suggest that you carry out these steps. This process can fix the issue by restoring Firefox browser to default factory state. Most browser data will be affected but not bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and internet cookies. Extensions and other installed plug-ins maybe deleted by this function. Therefore, if you wish to remove specific extension only, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser and type the following in the address bar: about:support
2. Browser will be directed to a page of Troubleshooting Information. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating ‘Give Firefox a Tune Up‘. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. Confirmation window will pop-up, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. The reset process will automatically close the browser and proceed with the restoration. Next, it will display a list of restored data. Cleantraf.xyz should be gone by now. Click Finish to close the current window and open a fresh window of Mozilla Firefox.