Captcha-verification.systems is a website that is being utilized by cyber scammers to lure web users into buying rogue program, answering a fake online survey, and joining scam money making opportunities. This is the reason why computer security experts are suggesting to stay away from this domain. In case that Captcha-verification.systems ads pop-up in the browser, their recommendation is to deal as soon as possible. Normally, the Captcha-verification.systems pop-up is caused by the subscription to its push notification.
Captcha-verification.systems push notification
The pop-up window appearing from the taskbar or sidebar of the screen is called a push notification. It is an internet browser feature that approved website may use to deliver information or update to the web user. Sadly, cyber scammers are now exploiting this push notification window to display advertisements. Bear in mind that these are not the typical online ads because they are aggressive and often contains malicious links.
As we mentioned, only the approved websites are able to utilize this push notification function. For this reason, Captcha-verification.systems or similar sites as Totaltopposts.com, Thehotposts.com, and Tryapps.xyz, are eager to obtain the permission from users. During the initial visit, the website will prompt a message “Captcha-verification.systems wants to show notifications.” If the user denies this first attempt, other prompts may pop-up on the browser with misleading messages such as the following:
- Click Allow to close this window.
- To continue, please click Allow.
- Tap Allow to watch the video.
- To download the file, click the Allow button.
Stopping the Captcha-verification.systems pop-up
Seeing excessive pop-up ads coming from Captcha-verification.systems are not healthy to the computer. The intention is to drive the browser to different malicious sites that may infect the computer or put web users into an unusual situation. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to stop the Captcha-verification.systems pop-up ads immediately. Deleting the offensive URL from browser configuration should be sufficient. Hence, it this method is not effective, we recommend scanning the computer with anti-malware and anti-virus application to remove hidden objects that produces the Captcha-verification.systems pop-up.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Captcha-verification.systems will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||184.108.40.206|
Captcha-verification.systems Removal Procedure
Below is a systematic instruction that is very useful in getting rid of the potentially unwanted program (PUP) from compromised computer.
In order to totally eliminate the threat, it is vital to follow the process in exact manner.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with a powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of pop-up and redirect adware like Captcha-verification.systems through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file; please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Captcha-verification.systems, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Captcha-verification.systems pop-ups and redirects, including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if you are comfortable manually getting rid of the threat and malicious items linked to it.
Step 1 : Get rid of Captcha-verification.systems Pop-ups (Notification)
Normally, Captcha-verification.systems pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with pop-ups if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Captcha-verification.systems from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Captcha-verification.systems from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Captcha-verification.systems.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Captcha-verification.systems list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Captcha-verification.systems from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
5. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Captcha-verification.systems pop-up on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Captcha-verification.systems entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Captcha-verification.systems pop-up is gone.
Remove Captcha-verification.systems from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Captcha-verification.systems.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Captcha-verification.systems pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Captcha-verification.systems from Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
5. Find and select Captcha-verification.systems from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
6. You may now restart Edge browser.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of codes causing Captcha-verification.systems to show up on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Captcha-verification.systems.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Captcha-verification.systems pop-ups.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Step 3 : Delete Suspicious Browser Extension
Most adware and unwanted programs use an application called a "browser extension" to be able to take over the settings of internet applications. Therefore, we highly recommend checking and removing the extension that is closely related to Captcha-verification.systems. If it is not present, look for and delete any suspicious browser extension.
Remove the suspicious Browser Extension from Google Chrome
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Find Captcha-verification.systems or any relevant entry and remove it from the Google Chrome browser.
Uninstall the unwanted Extension from Mozilla Firefox
1. Open the Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Type about:addons in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Choose Extensions from the sidebar menu.
4. Look for an object that pertains to Captcha-verification.systems and remove it from the browser.
After deleting the malicious browser extension, it is expected that pop-ups and other troubles will be gone from the internet browser.
Remove the malicious Extension from Microsoft Windows and Edge Browser
1. On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R and then, type the appwiz.cpl command.
2. The Program and Features window will open. Arrange the list in a chronological manner, with recently installed applications on top. To do this, click on the 'Installed On' column.
3. Select suspicious or a recently installed unknown entry. Then, click on Uninstall to remove it from the Windows system.
If Captcha-verification.systems is still present on the browser and there are still pop-ups and redirects, another option is to remove the adware from the browser settings.
4. Open the Microsoft Edge program.
5. Input edge://extensions/ in the URL bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
6. Look for and Remove or Disable unwanted entries from the Installed Extensions area. Additionally, delete the same object from the Search Providers section by executing the Hijacker Removal Procedure for Edge.
7. Close the window and restart Microsoft Edge.
Step 4 : Alternative Method to Clean Up Google Chrome from Captcha-verification.systems
Not all browser threats are the same. Some cannot be removed by deleting relevant extensions and codes. In this instance, resetting the browser to its default configuration is the best solution. If Captcha-verification.systems is still bothering you after completing all the steps above, please execute the procedures below to proceed with the Safety Check.
Use Chrome Safety Check to Delete Captcha-verification.systems
1. Open the Google Chrome application.
2. Type this string in the address box: chrome://settings/privacy and then, press Enter on the keyboard.
3. Go to Safety Check section and click on Check Now button.
4. Remove any suspicious extensions or sites that are extensively showing notifications.
This feature of Google Chrome aims to find malicious websites and harmful software. If unable to delete Captcha-verification.systems, the other option is to Reset Google Chrome settings to its original defaults. See more details on this page.