buenosearch.com is the main web address of a notorious Bueno Search browser hijacker that is part of a network of adware. It is typically installed on the computer through free game software, tools, and bogus software patches. It randomly affects browser on the infected computer depending on the software version. Outdated browsers are likely to be the ones targeted by buenosearch.com.
Once this hijacker is inside the computer, it instantly changes your default start-up page. Your previous settings will be override by this adware. Your present home page will be set to Bueno Search, which has an address buenosearch.com. In addition, there will be added features on the browser like toolbar and search box.
It is obvious that buenosearch.com was made in the sole purpose of generating online profit. It displays ads all over the page of search results and pop-up ads may appear constantly as you surf the net. Author behind this browser hijacker has ties to several software vendors which are promoting products over buenosearch.com.
There is a way to avoid being compromised with browser hijacker and redirect adware. All you need to do it pay attention to what you are installing. As much as possible, run the install process with custom or manual settings. This way, you can junk unwanted program that is bundled with your desired software.
Online Security Scanner Report for buenosearch.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: June 15, 2015|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Updated: June 15, 2015|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: June 15, 2015|
buenosearch.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like buenosearch.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to buenosearch.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to buenosearch.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove buenosearch.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted buenosearch.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of buenosearch.com on the affected browser.