Bokang Speedup affirms that this application is able to remove adware, can protect your privacy, and can improve the performance of your browser and Windows system. It seems harmless and valuable based on these functionalities. However, security experts identified this tool as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to its actual functions and behaviors. Aside from unsolicited installation, Bokang Speedup aims to extort money from computer users by pushing the licensed version of the program.
How Bokang Speedup infects the computer?
Bokang Speedup is commonly delivered via bundling scheme. Thus, it may install on the machine together with free games, utilities, and other dubious software. Downloading cracked applications from piracy sites and dubious torrent sources is also another method that attackers are using to deploy the rogue tool. BokangSpeedup executable file is usually integrated with installer files or the serial key generator that comes along with the cracked software.
In some cases, Bokang Speedup is embedded with a fake software update that often pop-ups during website redirects. This bogus software patch alerts are actually a pop-up ad, pretending to be a legitimate system warning. Due to this technique, some web users are misguided to download the recommended app, that will eventually install Bokang Speedup on the computer.
Bokang Speedup is a rogue tool
It initiates system scan right after it established in the system. Then it shows alarming result claiming that adware, malware, and other unwanted data are infecting your computer.
To fix these issues and clean the system, users should buy the full version of Bokang Speedup. We have to remind you that purchasing the proposed product is pointless. The best course of action to eliminate all alarming security alerts as well as unwanted ads is to remove Bokang Speedup.
Note that Bokang Speedup is another scheme used by cyber crook to gain revenue. It attempts to trick unsuspecting users by showing non-existent issues. That way, target victim may easily convince to purchase the full version of the program. Technically, Bokang Speedup is a rogue application that was observed to be a remake of Silver Speedup, QnetSpeedup, and Smart ACPC Virus.
In order to avoid similar threats to Bokang Speedup, it is vital to be more cautious when adding an extension, plug-in, or add-on. Keep in mind that ad-supported program as Bokang Speedup is usually exploiting free dubious applications to sneak into the system. Moreover, it is also important to download and install program from reliable sources only.
Please take note of the files and folders relevant to Bokang Speedup. You may need to delete them manually if left behind after the removal process. These files can be found under the Program Files folder.
- BokangSpeedup (32 bit).exe
Bokang Speedup Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like Bokang Speedup through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like Bokang Speedup, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete Bokang Speedup rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of Bokang Speedup
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for Bokang Speedup and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall Bokang Speedup from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select Bokang Speedup from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove Bokang Speedup unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Bokang Speedup and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of Bokang Speedup using Anti-malware Program
To remove Bokang Speedup automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like Bokang Speedup that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to Bokang Speedup.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.