Avpromotionb2.click is just one of the scam website that web users may encounter while browsing the internet. This particular domain is posing as an anti-virus page. To be specific, it displays fake pop-up alerts stating that the computer is infected with viruses. In some cases, it states that the spyware infection on the computer can lead to identity theft. As such, it is recommending the immediate download of a promoted application.
Why am I seeing the Avpromotionb2.click pop-up?
Web users may arrive at this website if they accidentally click on a misleading advertisement. Several suspicious sites may present this ad to their visitors and it could be illegal media streaming or media converter sites. In addition, Avpromotionb2.click may appear on the browser as a pop-up ad coming from the web notification window.
Basically, the push notification ads manage to appear on the browser if the web users agree to a prompt saying that “Avpromotionb2.click wants to show notifications.” Because this is just a typical message, some online users think that it is just fine to grant the permission. What they do not understand is that the actors behind Avpromotionb2.click are going to abuse the push notification for ad display.
Getting rid of Avpromotionb2.click pop-up
The redirect case does not need any procedures as it is committed by the visited website. However, if the pop-up ads are appearing inside the push notification area, certain steps must be followed to delete Avpromotionb2.click from the browser configuration. The steps are fully documented in the next section. As mentioned in the guide, it is crucial to scan the computer with virus and malware removal tools to delete any malicious items that are associated with Avpromotionb2.click.
|Initial pop-up goal||Displays phony pop-up alerts and warnings stating that computer is infected with a virus. Then, Avpromotionb2.click is going to offer a solution like downloading the recommended software or availing of an online technical support service.|
|Website purpose||To extort money from their victims using misleading detection of virus, malware, or system issues. This site promotes security and optimization program as well as technical support services that are both rip off.|
|Current IP address||184.108.40.206|
Steps to remove Avpromotionb2.click pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Avpromotionb2.click. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Avpromotionb2.click are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Avpromotionb2.click pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Avpromotionb2.click from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Avpromotionb2.click from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Avpromotionb2.click.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Avpromotionb2.click list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Avpromotionb2.click from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Avpromotionb2.click on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Avpromotionb2.click entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Avpromotionb2.click pop-up is gone.
Remove Avpromotionb2.click from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Avpromotionb2.click.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Avpromotionb2.click pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Avpromotionb2.click on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Avpromotionb2.click from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Avpromotionb2.click pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Avpromotionb2.click from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Avpromotionb2.click automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Avpromotionb2.click that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Avpromotionb2.click.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Avpromotionb2.click and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Avpromotionb2.click on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Avpromotionb2.click.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Avpromotionb2.click.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Avpromotionb2.click from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Avpromotionb2.click. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Avpromotionb2.click.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Avpromotionb2.click.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Avpromotionb2.click is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.