“Apple Security Alert – Error Code” is a fake pop-up alert that will come from your Mac OS devices. This kind of alert is purposely displayed to mislead computer users and makes them think that computer is infected with the virus. Later, it will prompt to activate a system tool or call a scam technical support team.
Fortunately, there is nothing to worry if the “Apple Security Alert – Error Code” pop-up appears when the browser gets redirected to unwanted website. This is just a simple web page forwarding problem and closing the internet application is all it needs to cease the pop-up.
On the other hand, if you are seeing a “Apple Security Alert – Error Code” warning persistently even when not surfing the web, it indicates that your Mac computer is already invaded by the malware. It has properties inside the computer that produces the fake warnings. Files and malicious data are already imported causing the alerts and other bogus messages to appear on the Mac. There is no way that you can stop the warnings while the malware is still residing on the Mac computer. Thus, you must use valid anti-malware tool to remove both.
What to do with fake “Apple Security Alert – Error Code”
The next time you see this warning, just ignore it. Notices shown to you are all fictitious. Much more, do not buy the program that the pop-up recommend. If it states that calling a technical support specialist can resolve the issue, make sure that you will contact the legit personnel and not the provided scam toll free numbers. It will not help in resolving computer problems in any way. Here is the sample text message from the fake alert:
Apple Security Alert – Error Code: #0x83d47d
Access to this computer has been blocked for security reasons.
Contact Mac Support: +1-888-520-4729 (Toll Free)
Threat Detected – Troja Spyware
Procedures to Remove "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the System with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like "Apple Security Alert - Error Code". You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads it's latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing "Apple Security Alert - Error Code".
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including "Apple Security Alert - Error Code".
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Check if your internet browser application is no longer being bothered by "Apple Security Alert - Error Code". If the browser hijacker still persists, please continue with the steps below to reset internet programs to default settings.
Step 2 : Reset Internet Browser Program
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" fake alert. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Clear the Safari Internet Browser (Mac)
1. Open your Safari browser application.
2. In the Safari menu, click on Preferences from the drop-down list.
3. On Preferences window, please select the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Manage Website Data button.
5. Select unwanted/suspicious entry and click the Remove button. If you choose to Remove All, you may be logout from most visited websites and online services. Therefore, we advise to remove suspicious item one at a time to prevent changing behavior towards your favorite websites.
6. If it prompts, please confirm your actions.
7. Next, we will need to clear the Cache. Back at the Safari Preferences window, choose Advanced tab.
8. Navigate to the bottom and activate Show Develop menu in menu bar.
9. Go to Safari menu, choose on Develop from the drop down list and click on on Empty Caches.
10. Next thing to do is to restore the Homepage to your preference and remove the one from "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" fake alert.
11. Back at the Safari Preferences window, click on General tab.
12. Under Homepage section, type your desired URL to be the default start-up page.
13. Lastly, make sure to have the right Search Engine.
14. Go back to Safari Preferences window and click on Search tab.
15. Select your desired Search tool under the Search engine section.
16. You may not restart Safari browser.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension that produces the "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" scam alert. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. On the address bar, type chrome://settings/reset and press Enter key.
3. Under Reset and clean up section, choose Restore settings to their original defaults.
4. Click Reset settings button to clear all entries related to "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" scam pop-up.
5. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" extension and associated objects.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" fake pop-up alert. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Input the string about:support on Firefox web address and press Enter on keyboard.
2. You will now see the Troubleshooting Information page of Mozilla Firefox.
3. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tune up. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
4. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
5. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. "Apple Security Alert - Error Code" fake alert should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.