Apel.top is the domain name of the online source for malicious apps. The said website also exhibits malicious links that aims to redirect the web user to questionable destinations. The main issue with Apel.top is that, cyber scammers are using its services to propagate doubtful programs. In the same manner, the website is the culprit for redirecting web users to an unusual sites like fake online survey, scam rewards and prizes, online gambling, adult oriented pages, and so on.
The Apel.top pop-up ads
Comparable to Getvideoall.ru, Re05.biz, and Setonna.com, Apel.top website was also created with no use case. In fact, web users visit to the site is often caused by a series of redirects. A direct visit to this site is not possible and users may end up on the dead pages of Apel.top. Those who pay a visit to suspicious sites like piracy and torrent sites are the ones who get diverted to this questionable domain.
During the first visit, web users are greeted with a prompt “Apel.top wants to show notifications.” This request aims to get the permission from web users so that it can access the push notification feature of the default browser program. As a matter of fact, the prompt is a common thing. Even legitimate sites demand for the same access in order for them to deliver updates and messages directly to the browser window. The only downside with Apel.top is that, the permission will be abused to exhibit annoying pop-up ads on the internet program.
So, once the web user grants the request of Apel.top to activate the push notification, ads from this domain starts to pop-up relentlessly on the browser window.
Stopping Apel.top pop-up
In the majority of the cases, deleting the Apel.top from the list of authorized website is sufficient to get rid of the pop-up. However, in the case that an adware is the culprit, computer users must run a virus and malware scan to locate and delete the malicious item. Complete guide in deleting the Apel.top URL from the browser as well as effective scanners are provided below.
|Initial pop-up goal||Prompting web user to Allow push notification. If granted, Apel.top will use this feature to send aggressive pop-up ads.|
|Website purpose||To display different kinds of malicious ads on the browser using the push notification window of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.|
|Current IP address||22.214.171.124|
Steps to remove Apel.top pop-up
Most of the time, browser hijackers are combined with intrusive pop-up ads originating from the source website Apel.top. It is taking advantage of push notification feature of popular internet programs like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Edge. These pop-up ads from Apel.top are extra ordinary as it exceeds the normal display volume and they are certainly annoying.
Normally, Apel.top pop-ups will start to bombard internet browser screen with aggressive ads if web user was deceived to click “Allow” button that triggers the said website to send push notification. To stop Apel.top from showing the pop-ups, please execute the procedures below.
Remove Apel.top from Google Chrome
1. On Google Chrome browser, input the following in the address bar and press Enter:
2. Navigate to the list under "Allowed to send notifications" section and look for Apel.top.
3. Click the ellipses (3 dots) beside Apel.top list to reveal the options.
4. Click on Block or Remove to stop Apel.top from displaying pop-up ads on Google Chrome browser.
6. Please restart Google Chrome browser.
Stop Apel.top on Mozilla Firefox
1. On Mozilla Firefox browser, type the following in the address bar and press Enter key:
2. Navigate below to Permission area and look for Notifications.
3. Click the Settings button aligned with the Notifications.
4. Look for Apel.top entry and change the Status to Block.
5. Click on Save Changes and restart Mozilla Firefox and check if Apel.top pop-up is gone.
Remove Apel.top from Safari (Mac)
1. On top menu, click on Safari and then, select Preferences from the drop-down list.
2. Click on Websites tab to open its settings.
3. Select Notifications from the left sidebar.
4. On right panel, it will display a list of websites with "Allow" attribute.
5. Find and click on Apel.top.
6. You may choose to Deny or Remove it from the notification list.
7. You may now restart Safari browser and see if Apel.top pop-up is gone.
Get rid of Apel.top on Microsoft Edge
1. Assuming that Edge browser is open, click on the ellipses (3 dots) on upper right corner to open the Settings. Alternatively, you can press Alt + X on the keyboard.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down list.
3. Click on Advanced.
4. Under Website Permissions area, click on Manage Permissions button.
4. Find and select Apel.top from the list. Click on X button to stop it from showing pop-up ads or notifications.
5. You may now restart Edge browser.
If Apel.top pop-up still persist after accomplishing the removal of the URL from the push notification feature, there must be an adware on the computer that is causing the annoyances. Continue with the remaining procedures to scan the system with virus and malware removal software.
Additional steps to remove Apel.top from PC
Step 1 : Scan the computer with Sophos Antivirus
To remove Apel.top automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering internet browser threat like Apel.top that slows down online browsing activities.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file on your computer where you can easily access it.
2. Once the download completes, browse the location of the file. Double-click to run the program and begin the install process.
3. On first windows of installation wizard, click Next to continue. Then, it will display the program’s License Agreement. You need to Accept the terms in order to proceed. If Windows prompts for User Account Control, please click Yes to proceed.
4. On succeeding windows, click Next or Continue to carry on with the installation. After completing the installation process, Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool.
5. Internet connection is required when running this scanner in order to download important updates. Make sure that everything is up-to-date to effectively remove malicious program that is associated with Apel.top.
6. Click the button to carry out the Scan. This will check the system for presence of malicious objects, malware, and viruses. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Apel.top and other suspicious entities. Be sure to remove all identified threats.
Step 2 : Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
In addition to the procedure, we suggest scanning the computer with AdwCleaner tool. Possibly, there are some traces of Apel.top on the browser that was not deleted during the preceding steps. This tool will scan the computer and check for presence of malicious applications.
1. Follow the link below to download the tool called AdwCleaner.
2. When the download has completed, please close all running programs on the computer especially browsers affected by Apel.top.
3. Browse the location of the downloaded file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. AdwCleaner searches the computer for malicious programs, extensions, plug-ins, adware, and any items that may be associated to Apel.top.
5. Clean or Remove all suspicious and harmful items identified after the thorough scan.
6. After the cleanup procedure, rebooting the computer is required to finalize the removal of detected threats.
Extra procedures to remove Apel.top from Mac
This section contains comprehensive guide for Mac users. It will help you remove malicious browser hijacker from internet application.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of malicious browser hijacker like Apel.top. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing Apel.top.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from the link below.
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Apel.top.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Apel.top is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.