The mere fact that AnalyzerSystem is not a certified or trusted browser extension for Mac, users should install it on the computer. Hence, in the majority of its existence on Mac devices, the installation is unknown to users. Its gets inside the computer in a manner that is without an authority. Normally, the handlers of AnalyzerSystem are applying a malicious software bundling tactics for the deployment strategy.
Beware of Suspicious Freeware and Software Update
It was observed that AnalyzerSystem is commonly embedded to installer programs like freeware and shareware. Attackers are using the said attractive software as bait to let AnalyzerSystem sneak into the computer without taking the permission from Mac users. The carriers are often promoted as attractive apps like creativity suite, media player, internet speed booster, download helper, or utilities. Aside from AnalyzerSystem, this scheme may also inject similar adware on the Mac computer including BridgePro, EditWave, and so on.
While installing the mentioned adware hosts file, AnalyzerSystem app gets onboard secretly and instantly become an element of internet browser application particularly Safari. Then, it will aim on manipulating browser settings and other vital sections.
Fake software update like those that are prompting to download essential files is another method by attackers to discreetly set AnalyzerSystem app inside the computer. This approach can persuade users through pop-up advertisements that are under the guise of system alert. It supposedly identified different troubles and conflicts due to obsolete application. Once Mac user downloads and install the recommended update, it will instead load AnalyzerSystem on the internet program.
Risks Factors for Installing AnalyzerSystem App
AnalyzerSystem is a potentially unwanted application (PUA) and an Adware combination of threats. Due to its invasive way of getting inside the Mac computer without a request, it was dubbed as ‘unwanted’. Furthermore, its forcible installation using misleading tactic also proves that AnalyzerSystem is an unwelcome application. This is the reason why it can still penetrate the computer despite the fact that the app is invaluable to Mac users.
The adware part of AnalyzerSystem allows it to display different pop-up ads and redirect on the computer. The objective is to earn online profit by engaging the web users to its own pay-per-click ad scheme. Sadly, majority of the ads from this adware are malicious and can redirect the browser program to bad landing page.
Removal is the only solution for AnalyzerSystem to stop causing annoyances. Please execute the guide below to properly eliminate the threat from the browser and Mac computer as well.
Procedures to Remove AnalyzerSystem from Mac
This area contains comprehensive procedures to help you remove adware and potentially unwanted program from the computer.
Guide on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by Mac users.
Quick Fix - Scan the Mac Computer with Combo Cleaner
Combo Cleaner is a trusted Mac utility application with complete antivirus and optimization features. It is useful in dealing with adware, malware, and PUP's. Moreover, it can get rid of adware like AnalyzerSystem. You may need to purchase full version if you require to maximize its premium features.
1. Download the tool from the following page:
2. Double-click the downloaded file and proceed with the installation.
3. In the opened window, drag and drop the Combo Cleaner icon onto your Applications folder icon.
4. Open your Launchpad and click on the Combo Cleaner icon.
5. Wait until antivirus downloads its latest virus definition updates and click on "Start Combo Scan" to start removing AnalyzerSystem.
6. Free features of Combo Cleaner include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus and privacy scanner, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Proceed with the rest of the removal steps if you are comfortable in manually removing malicious objects associated with the threat.
Step 1 : Delete AnalyzerSystem from Mac Applications
1. Go to Finder.
2. On the menu, click Go and then, select Applications from the list to open Applications Folder.
3. Find AnalyzerSystem or any unwanted program or suspicious item. It could be in disguise as a different file.
4. Drag AnalyzerSystem to Trash Bin to delete the application from Mac.
5. Right-click on Trash icon and click on Empty Trash.
Step 2 : Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to AnalyzerSystem
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari - Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome - Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox - Choose Add-ons from the Menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plug-ins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located AnalyzerSystem, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 3 : Delete Malicious Files that have installed AnalyzerSystem
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder...
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
The term unknown is just a representation of the actual malware name. Attackers may masks the actual name with following:
- Analyzer System App
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing AnalyzerSystem to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most latest ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
Important: Take note of all the suspicious files as you may also delete the same item on another folder as we go on.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Please restart the computer.
7. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
8. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step 4. Drag them to the Trash.
9. Repeat the process on the following non-hidden folders (without ~):
10. Lastly, go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
- Analyzer System App
Optional : For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to AnalyzerSystem adware.
Step 4 : Double-check with MBAM Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including AnalyzerSystem.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, AnalyzerSystem is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5 : Remove AnalyzerSystem from Homepage and Search
- Open your Safari browser.
- Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
- Under General tab, navigate to Default Search Engine section and select Google or any valid search engine.
- Next, be sure that "New Windows Open With" field is set to Homepage.
- Lastly, remove AnalyzerSystem from the Homepage field. Replace it with your preferred URL to be set as your default homepage.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and press Enter on keyboard : chrome://settings/
- Look for 'On Startup' area.
- Select 'Open a specific page or set of pages'.
- Click on More Actions and select Edit.
- Enter the desired web address as your home page, replacing AnalyzerSystem. Click Save.
- To set default search engine, go to Search Engine area.
- Click on 'Manage search engines...' button.
- Go to questionable Search Engine. Click on More Actions and Click 'Remove from list'.
- Go back to Search Engine area and choose valid entry from Search engine used in the address bar.
- Run Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Type the following on the address bar and hit Enter on keyboard : about:preferences
- On Startup area, select 'Show your home page' under 'When Firefox starts' field.
- Under Home Page field, type the desired URL to replace AnalyzerSystem settings.
- To configure default search engine, select Search on left sidebar to display settings.
- Under Default Search Engine list, please select one.
- On the same page, you have an option to Remove unwanted search engine.
Optional : If unable to change browser settings, execute these steps:
Some user complains that there is no way to change browser settings because it is grayed out by AnalyzerSystem. In such situation, it is important to check if there is unwanted profile. Please do the following:
1. Quit any running applications and launch System Preferences from your Dock.
2. Under System Preferences, click Profiles.
3. Select AnalyzerSystem or any relevant profile from the left pane. See image below.
4. At the bottom of this window, click minus [-] button to delete the account. Please refer to image above.
5. Close the Profiles window and open the affected browser to change all settings associated with AnalyzerSystem.