Computer security professionals noticed some suspicious traits from AesteriusPCAP whose origin is the notorious PC Accelerate Pro rogue tool. This program claims to be a combination of system optimizer and security application made specifically for PC units. Hence, when we analyzed the app, we discovered that AesteriusPCAP is another reproduction of rogue application that patterns from previous variants. By looking at the graphical user interface (GUI), no one can deny that AesteriusPCAP is a replica of Bokang Speedup, QnetSpeedup, and many more versions of this rogue family.
How does AesteriusPCAP infects the computer?
No matter how and what security application guards the PC system as long as users are careless in downloading freeware, this rogue tool can easily sneak in. Similar to previous releases, malware authors are employing uniform tactics to spread their products. As such, AesteriusPCAP, or sometimes named as AesteriusAPCP, is bundled to a number of freeware apps dole out by hundreds of skeptical websites. Some of these sources are so intrusive and markets AesteriusPCAP through excessive pop-up ads and browser redirect schemes.
Risks of having the AesteriusPCAP virus
Once installed on computer, AesteriusPCAP act as a valid tool with superior features in detecting various system issues, malware, and PUP’s. However, whatever it projects on the computer are purely simulated and detected troubles have falsified information that mean to mislead users and persuade them to deal with the issues urgently. If a user tempts to click on ‘Repair’ or ‘Fix’ button, the console serves a merchant webpage to proceed with the online payment for the registered version of AesteriusPCAP.
We always advise Mac users to stay away from rogue system optimization apps and if there is a need to enhance performance, there are legitimate applications that do not pose danger. With regards to AesteriusPCAP, removing it as soon as possible is the best thing to do if it exists on the computer.
AesteriusPCAP Removal Procedures
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
Procedures on this page are written in a manner that can be easily understand and execute by computer users.
Quick Fix - Scan the PC with Combo Cleaner for Windows
Combo Cleaner is a trusted PC security and optimization tool equipped with powerful virus and malware detection engine. This program can get rid of fake optimization tool like AesteriusPCAP through this procedure.
1. Download the application from the following page:
2. Save the file to your preferred location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file CCSetup.exe and install with the default settings.
4. At the end of the setup process, click Finish to run Combo Cleaner.
5. The tool will update the signature file, please wait for this process to complete.
6. To begin checking for threats like AesteriusPCAP, click on the Start Scan button. Wait for this scan to finish.
7. At the end of the scan process, click on Remove all threats to delete AesteriusPCAP rogue tool including all malicious objects from the computer.
Free features of Combo Cleaner for Windows include Disk Cleaner, Big Files finder, Duplicate files finder, and Uninstaller. To use antivirus, privacy scanner, and to delete identified threats, users have to upgrade to a premium version.
Please continue with the succeeding removal procedures if your are comfortable to manually get rid of the threat and malicious items linked with it.
Step 1 : End the running process of AesteriusPCAP
1. Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Alt+Del on your keyboard and select Task Manager. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows Taskbar and click on Task Manager from the list.
2. When Task Manager opens, be sure that you are viewing the Processes tab.
3. Look for AesteriusPCAP and then, click End Task. If that name is not present, look for any suspicious program. Take note of the malware name as we have to uninstall it later.
4. You may now close Task Manager and proceed with the next step.
Step 2 : Uninstall AesteriusPCAP from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select AesteriusPCAP from the list. If not present, look for any malicious software. You may click on Installed on to see the most recent entry.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove AesteriusPCAP unwanted program.
Step 3 : Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds AesteriusPCAP and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Step 4 : Double-check for leftover of AesteriusPCAP using Anti-malware Program
To remove AesteriusPCAP automatically, scanning the computer with this powerful anti-malware tool is recommended. This scanner does not just uncover known threats like viruses or malware, it is also effective in discovering rogue application like AesteriusPCAP that slows down the system performance.
1. Download the free anti-malware scanner called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
2. After downloading, install the program. It may run automatically or you have to double-click on the downloaded file MB3-Setup.exe.
3. Proceed with the installation using only the default setup. If you need the complete setup procedure, it is available on the download page.
4. At the last stage of installation process, click Finish to run the program.
5. On Malwarebytes Anti-Malware console, select Scan to start checking the computer for malicious files. This is the most comprehensive scan method that will surely find any hidden items linked to AesteriusPCAP.
6. When scanning is done, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will display the list of identified threats. Remove all identified threats and restart the computer to finalized the scan process.