SpeedSave is a browser extension that most people deemed as adware. This is due to its aggressive installation that does not seek one’s approval. Adware like SpeedSave normally arrives on victims’ computer through third-party application. It is wrapped to programs like fake software update, free games, tools, and speed boosters. In most instances, users are not aware that they are installing SpeedSave because it runs in the background while loading the main program.
During the presence of SpeedSave, computer users will observe various pop-up ads and drop-down coupons and deals. The adware promises to save you money while shopping online. Special offers, online deals, and savings will pop-up on the browser without your request. To some, this is useful way of gathering discounts, but to most users, SpeedSave pop-up ads are just annoyances that they wanted to get rid of.
The problem with SpeedSave is it can get installed quickly but removal seems to be impossible. This adware will not present any entry on Add/Remove Program of Windows thus you cannot perform automatic uninstall of the program. Furthermore, SpeedSave is using random name as browser extension to mislead computer users. There are also malicious items and registry entries dropped on the system which is hidden from deeply into folders.
Online Security Scanner Report for speedsave.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Jan. 14, 2014|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Jan. 14, 2014|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 14, 2014|
SpeedSave Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to SpeedSave. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove SpeedSave Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted SpeedSave from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of SpeedSave on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with SpeedSave. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to SpeedSave.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. SpeedSave should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by SpeedSave and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.