Windows Net-clean may appear like an essential tool for your computer, thus many users are tricked into downloading this program. We can say that many computer security experts deemed this application as an adware. Windows Net-clean is endorsed as a tool to protect your online data from being exposed to unwanted programs. However, during installation of said program, other bunch of unwanted application may also get inside the computer. It is noticed that Windows Net-clean are spreading malicious software or PUP.
One may acquire Windows Net-clean from dozens of advertisements presently utilizing web traffic. There are instances that it will pop-up from a visited web site telling you about internet speed problem. Then, a recommendation to check your computer using Windows Net-clean will follow.
Pay-per-install scheme were also used to deploy Windows Net-clean. In such cases, you may obtain the program by downloading and installing software where the adware is bundled. Windows Net-clean gets loaded on the computer without your notice and it will never seek for your approval. It is being installed in the background simultaneous with your preferred software.
Windows Net-clean is offered in multiple web platforms. It runs on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. There are also a number of variants spreading that utilizes the same code and appearance, although names are changed on every version.
Adware and malicious programs are not the only crisis that can be present on computers affected by Windows Net-clean. This adware also monitors your web browsing habit and records all your Internet activities. Furthermore, Windows Net-clean may issue advertisements to gain profit to compensate for allowing you to use this free tool.
Online Security Scanner Report for windowsnetclean.info:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct. 04, 2015|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Oct. 04, 2015|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Oct. 04, 2015|
How to Remove Windows Net-clean
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Windows Net-clean
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Windows Net-clean entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Windows Net-clean. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Windows Net-clean Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Windows Net-clean from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Windows Net-clean on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Windows Net-clean
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Windows Net-clean. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Windows Net-clean. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Windows Net-clean extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Windows Net-clean.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Windows Net-clean should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Windows Net-clean and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.