Windows Expert Console is a piece of malware that pretend to be antivirus software. It uses many techniques to prove this claim. For one thing, it will scan the computer and produce results showing many viruses on the computer. In addition, Windows Expert Console will pop-up alerts and warnings saying that several attacks are happening on the computer. Blocking some programs on the computer and declare that the file is infected is another trick you may observe from Windows Expert Console virus.
Trojans and malicious web sites are the common source of Windows Expert Console. Attackers know that Trojan can find a security hole on the computer, which will be taken advantage to drop and install the rogue program. Similarly, malicious web sites that can execute the same task can deploy Windows Expert Console into visitor’s PC. There are web sites that offer attractive contents prompting you to download tools to proceed. Most users are not aware that programs promoted on these kinds of web sites are packed with malware including Windows Expert Console.
There are several ways on how you can remove malware or fake antivirus program from the computer. But the simplest method is to activate Windows Expert Console first. In that manner, you can download tools that you can use to scan the computer and completely delete malware and viruses.
How to Remove Windows Expert Console
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Windows Expert Console, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Windows Expert Console, click on Buy Full Edition button at the bottom of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Windows Expert Console Activation Code: 0W000-000B0-00T00-E0020
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Windows Expert Console and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Windows Expert Console’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Windows Expert Console. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Windows Expert Console entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Windows Expert Console have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.