V9 Portal Site – My Homepage will appear as a default home page on computers that is exposed to adware. The infection includes hijacking of new tabs and search engine also. It maybe not as harmful as computer viruses, but V9 Portal Site will simply annoy users by making it to stick into the browser as the start page. Removal for this adware is complex.
Users who frequently download and install free programs from various sources are more prone to this kind of attack. When the software is installed, it surely injects V9 Portal onto the browser. Next, the adware sets respective configuration to ensure that your home page will use the search from en.v9.com, which is an English web site.
It also attacks users from other countries. Victims from various regions also reports versions of V9 Portal Site like Portal de Internet V9 – Mi Pagina Inicial (Spanish), V9 Tapak Portal (French and German), Portale V9 – Pagina Iniziale (Italian). This only reveals that the operation of this adware is broad and still spreading on numerous countries.
Online Security Scanner Report for v9.com:
From the test we’ve seen on various web site scanners, it seems that v9.com is harmless sites. Hence, we cannot recommend the site as safe to use due to negative feedbacks from users. V9 Portal Site is presently categorized as browser hijacker that keeps on interfering with user’s browser setup.
How does V9 Portal Site or v9.com enters a computer?
It is indicated that V9 Portal Site is part of an adware, therefore its main distribution channel is through free programs that will disguise as useful application. Normally, adware operated web sites encourages visitors to download and install freeware that is packed with V9 Portal Site code.
How to Remove V9 Portal Site – v9.com
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to V9 Portal Site. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Stage 2: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted V9 Portal Site from the computer. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of V9 Portal Site on the affected browser.
Stage 3: Cleanup Internet Browser’s Shortcut Link
One method that starts your home page to unwanted address like V9 Portal Site is by integrating the link to browser’s shortcut link. On this section, we will discuss the proper removal of unwanted entries on shortcut link.
Cleaning Internet Explorer’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Internet Explorer and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Internet Explorer.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to V9 Portal Site. Please refer to image below.
Cleaning Google Chrome’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Google Chrome and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Google Chrome.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to V9 Portal Site. Please see image below for your reference.
Cleaning Mozilla Forefox’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Mozilla Firefox and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Mozilla Firefox.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to V9 Portal Site. See screenshot image below.