Smart Guard Protection is a fake computer security tool which originates from the same group who spread Antivirus Security Pro 2014. This program may look like a worthy protection software but in reality, it was not designed to guard your computer against any threats. In fact, Smart Guard Protection will just try to mislead you by providing reports that your Windows system is infected with various kind of virus even it is free from threats.
As scareware, Smart Guard Protection produces a bunch of alerts and warning trying to convince you that computer is under attack. It then pop-up excessive offers for you to purchase the Smart Guard Protection registration key which it says can remove all threats from the computer. You must realize that this nasty piece of malware just a virus in disguise. All it wants from you is money. Tactics being used by Smart Guard Protection are not new. It’s up to you whether you fall into this fraud marketing scheme or remove this malware from the computer right away.
You should no business neither has a deal with Smart Guard Protection. It may have an edge of locking your computer, programs, and files, but you can easily get around with it without the need to pay for the Smart Guard Protection serial number. All you have to do is complete the removal steps and delete this rogue program from the computer.
How to Remove Smart Guard Protection
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Smart Guard Protection, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Smart Guard Protection, click on Buy Full Edition button at the bottom of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Smart Guard Protection Activation Code: AA39754E-216A8FF3
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Smart Guard Protection and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Smart Guard Protection’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Smart Guard Protection. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Smart Guard Protection entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Smart Guard Protection have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.