Serene Find is soon to be a problem for some computer users because it quickly spreads over the internet utilizing pay-per-install scheme. On this format, publishers of freeware are being paid to include Serene Find adware in the distribution of their product. So, expect a bunch of adware on single free software. As such, while loading the freeware, Serene Find and other adware are commencing a setup progress in the background.
Existence of adware will be evident when user is online and surfing the web. Screen will be filled with pop-ups advertisements with labels “Ads by Serene Find” or “Brought by Serene Find”. Browser’s homepage too will disclose that computer is operating under the control of adware. Instead of default settings, homepage, start-up, and new tab now head to Home.serenefind.com.
Some may find Serene Find as valuable tool, which allows them to change homepage themes. There are also widgets on this program that makes web browsing more enjoyable. However, it is noticeable that Serene Find loads internet cookies to collect information from users. Data it gathers includes your personal online identity such as name and email address. This information can be use, or share with other parties for business, commercial, or marketing purposed.
As you can see, your privacy is at risk by some means if you continue to use Serene Find. If in case you decided to remove it, just like others did, you can avail of the free malware scanner on this website. Follow our guide to ensure complete removal of Serene Find adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for serenefind.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 13, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 13, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 13, 2016|
How to Remove Serene Find Adware
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Serene Find
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Serene Find entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Serene Find. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Serene Find from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Serene Find on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Serene Find
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Serene Find. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Serene Find. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Serene Find extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Serene Find.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Serene Find should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Serene Find and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.