Have you come across about the hazards of having Searchfly running through your computer system? We do understand as a human nature that you want to resolve any problem now. This page could help you remove this adware from the computer. Do read more to know further about this browser hijacker and steps on how to delete it.
Many victims claimed that they were clueless about how Searchfly was installed onto their system. All they know is that they were just browing web sites or downloading some tools. Without your knowledge, Searchfly comes together with the software that you have downloaded intentionally.
You are less likely to notice a certain program that may be installed onto your system. This technique becomes effective when PC users do the installation process with not much care. You may ignore to uncheck specific program options that are not needed to be installed. Searchfly search, ads, and toolbar are some examples.
You should not tolerate this malware to stay even a bit longer on your PC. It served as a spy on every action you made at any time you do web surfing. Traces on your browsing habit are surely recorded. Aside from home page changes to Searchfly Search, you may also encounter injected Searchfly advertisements to your search engine’s home page. Without any doubt, you must to remove it right away.
In spite of using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, you could be get infected by Searchfly. It has a quite big range of targeted browsers. Don’t wait until such time that your vital data’s are stolen from your system by cyber crooks. Before it happens, you have to get rid Searchfly from your system.
How to Uninstall Searchfly Search, Searchfly Ads, and Searchfly Toolbar
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Searchfly with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Searchfly. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Searchfly Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Searchfly from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Searchfly on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Searchfly
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Searchfly. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Searchfly. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.