DO SEARCHES is a browser hijacker that can enter the computer without user’s idea because it is often packed with free programs. This threat changes your default search engine to dosearches.com, which is using servers of Bing. The main goal of DO SEARCHES is to earn online profit for its makers. This is an ad-driven web site that is believed to be employing a pay-per-click scheme on its advertising business.
Since DO SEARCHES is utilizing Bing search engine, its results are reliable and can be considered risk-free. However, with the inclusion of many sponsored links, most users found it annoying. Not to mention that DO SEARCHES is installed on the computer without user’s consent. Some people deemed the presence of www.dosearches.com search engine as virus infection. Technically speaking, this kind of threat is merely an adware. It was made basically for advertising and promotion. However, no one can say it there are harmful motives aside from reflecting search results and sponsored links. You’ll never know, maybe some of the links (not part of Bing) may drive your browser to a malicious web site that may result to malware infection.
If your computer is affected with DO SEARCHES, you must remove it as soon as possible to ensure that PC is completely free from viruses, malware, and any kind of threats. Instead of utilizing www.dosearches.com as search engine, you must opt for Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
Online Security Scanner Report for www.dosearches.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 2.0/5.0||Updated: Nov 06, 2013|
|No Issues||Feedback: No downloads||Updated: Nov 06, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 5 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 06, 2013|
Different anti-virus and anti-malware programs may name this threat according to their patterns. Here are some detection names: PUP.Optional.DoSearches.A
DO SEARCHES Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like DO SEARCHES. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to DO SEARCHES. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to DO SEARCHES. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Stage 3: Remove DO SEARCHES Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted DO SEARCHES from the computer. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of DO SEARCHES on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from DO SEARCHES
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with DO SEARCHES. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to DO SEARCHES.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. DO SEARCHES should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by DO SEARCHES and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.