Hyperlinks are normally seen on various web sites to link relevant pages. However, not all hyperlinks are useful and worth to click. In the case of Search Assist, hyperlinks produce by this adware may lead to the infection of potentially unwanted program or adware. Furthermore, hyperlinks by Search Assist is not integrated into the web site you are visiting, it is part of a code injected into your browser by some kind of adware.
Third-party software is the main channel to deploy Search Assist hyperlink and ads. Users are normally unaware that freeware they are installing is consisting of an embedded code that certainly will affect the browsing habit. Search Assist ads targets widely-used browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. It is installed as browser helper object, thus add-on or extension pertaining to it may not be visible on the browser settings.
Aside from inserting hyperlinks and showing pop-up ads, Search Assist can collect sensitive data from the computer. Gathered data is very useful in its operation to serve relevant ads that may be interesting to you. With this trait, there is no way to let Search Assist stay on your computer even for a while. Remove it right away before it can steal confidential data that can lead to identity theft.
How to Remove Search Assist
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below. Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to JoniCoupon. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Stage 2: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted JoniCoupon from the computer. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of JoniCoupon on the affected browser.
Optional: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from JoniCoupon
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with JoniCoupon. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to JoniCoupon. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, you can view complete procedures here.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. JoniCoupon should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by JoniCoupon and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the instructions manually, please see this specific procedure.