Safegrounds is an ad-supported application that claims to simplify the way people use the web. It offers various tools that are handy, but may also be the root for adware to control your browser. Currently, Safegrounds is classed as potentially unwanted program (PUP), a family member of Adware that convey security risks through browser extension.
Some computer users are entices to utilize Safegrounds because of basic features that seem practical. Installing this program provides Desktop Widget, which allows you to easily Search, Connect, Convert, Translate, and Capture screen shots. These features combined with enhanced browser search are all you need to complete daily online tasks, according to their official site.
Presence of Safegrounds and identical adware such as Irob and Grrreat are typically an outcome of freeware installation. In most occasions, they arrived on the computer uninvited. Safegrounds is secretly bundled to free software that is widely spread over the internet. Even the installation of this adware is concealed to user so that they can never interfere with the setup procedure. Seeing Safegrounds features on the Desktop is the only time they realized that adware manages to sneak into the computer without their consent.
Apart from added tools and desktop functions, existence of adware also disturbs one’s web browsing activity. It floods the browser with Ads by Safegrounds pop-up and banners. Constant redirect to several unknown web sites is another obstructive factor of this adware.
Having such troubles and irregularities, there is no reason to retain Safegrounds on the computer. Remove the adware immediately before it can be the cause of more severe adware or malware infection. Follow the procedures on this page to get rid of Safegrounds and all relevant threats.
Online Security Scanner Report for safegrounds.net:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 20, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 20, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: July 20, 2016|
How to Remove Safegrounds
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Safegrounds
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Safegrounds or Linkury entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Safegrounds. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Safegrounds Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Safegrounds from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Safegrounds on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Safegrounds
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Safegrounds. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Safegrounds. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Safegrounds extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Safegrounds.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Safegrounds should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Safegrounds and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.