After thorough diagnosis, we noticed that PurifyMe is bundled to some adware. This can be harmful when run on the computer. PurifyMe may have indirect relation to bundled programs; however, this type of deployment method is only evident to malicious programs. Questionable files attached to PurifyMe may not be as dangerous as computer virus, but somehow may endanger the privacy of its user.
PurifyMe is presented as a tool that can optimize your computer. It scans the system and helps you free-up spaces by deleting any clutter. In addition, PurifyMe claims to fix registry errors that can cause errors and system crashes. This app can be a useful tool if not only for the annoyances that it brings. PurifyMe is ad-supported software. Meaning, it needs to pop-up ads on your computer in order to generate online profit. This is the reason why some software are provided free. Their objective is to earn via ads and other online promotion.
To give you targeted and appealing ads, PurifyMe is equipped with a code that monitors your browsing habit. It records every visited web sites, search queries, and products you are opting to purchase online. PurifyMe may also steal sensitive data and personal information.
In general, users who are dealing with PurifyMe may experience not only pop-up advertisements. It may also cause browser redirects as part of its advertising venture. Another purpose of PurifyMe is to generate web traffics pointing to partners web sites. Overall, these are vital for online advertising and promotion.
To stop PurifyMe from bothering you, this adware needs to be eliminated. Below are procedures to help you delete this adware totally. Scan the computer with suggested anti-malware and anti-virus tools to ensure that there will be no more remains of PurifyMe.
Online Security Scanner Report for purifyme.net:
|Not yet rated||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Sept. 20, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Sept. 20, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: Sept. 20, 2016|
How to Remove PurifyMe
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Stage 1: Uninstall PurifyMe from Windows
1. Go to Start menu and type appwiz.cpl under Run or Search box.
2. Add/Remove Program window will open. Select PurifyMe from the list.
3. Click on Uninstall button to remove the unwanted program.
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds PurifyMe and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for PurifyMe ‘ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for PurifyMe . Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all PurifyMe entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that PurifyMe have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.