Newzio pop-up ads are caused by an adware that is bugging the web browser. It is injected as browser add-on to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Hence, not all that witness Newzio pop-up has a compromised browser. You must know that visiting web sites that is part of its huge network likely deliver various ads from Newzio.
In order to gain access to computer and control the browser, adware must be installed on the computer. To perform this, authors behind Newzio have to deal with shareware developer so that a small code will be packed into their programs. Installing the shareware obtained from several web sites also loads Newzio in the background. This process is not known to user.
Presence of Newzio is really annoying. Advertisements pop-ups constantly while you are browsing the Internet. There are times that the adware may intervene with your browsing activity by redirecting requested web page to unknown web sites, usually a product page, survey, or quiz.
Certainly, existence of Newzio will do more bad than good. It is annoying and worthless. You better delete this adware from the computer to avoid further harm.
You can avoid another attack of Newzio by protecting the computer with effective anti-malware tool. In addition, we discourage you from download unknown program even if it is offered by reputable web sites.
How to Remove Newzio (Adware Removal Guide)
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Newzio. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove Newzio Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Newzio from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Newzio on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Newzio. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Newzio.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Newzio should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Newzio and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.