Your Internet browser may have an adware if home page keeps on redirecting to nationzoom.com. This browser hijacker also controls your start-up page after it made certain changes on the computer. Normally, it adds an extension to make this task viable.
Main purpose of nationzoom.com for changing or redirecting the home page to unwanted search page is simply for monetization and promotion. You will notice that results provided by this unknown search engine contain lots of ads.
If you ever wonder how nationzoom.com gains access on the computer, it is simply through your ignorance. Most users who download and install freeware are the ones opening their Windows system to nationzoom.com and similar adware. Installing the downloaded software also loads the adware into the background. It may drop add-on or install browser helper object into known programs like Google Chome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Once active, you will notice that home page is under the control of nationzoom.com hijacker.
The hijacking issue cannot be fix by removing add-on or plug-in it has dropped onto the browser. Nation Zoom authors made the removal a complex method, at least to let it remain on the PC for good. Using efficient tools and anti-malware programs is a big help in the removal of nationzoom.com adware.
Online Security Scanner Report for nationzoom.com:
So far, two online security scanners where we test nationzoom.com found no harm on this web site. One test shows that there is a presence of HTML/Framer and NeoSploit Exploit Kit on the web site. The redirect, hijacking, and home page alteration of this adware is not server-based. It could be that code is injected into the browser coming from a different domain.
|No Issues||Community Rating: 1.0/5.0||Updated: Jan. 18, 2014|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Jan. 18, 2014|
|Probably Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Jan. 18, 2014|
nationzoom.com Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like nationzoom.com home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to nationzoom.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to nationzoom.com. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Stage 3: Remove nationzoom.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted nationzoom.com from the computer. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of nationzoom.com on the affected browser.
Stage 4: Cleanup Internet Browser’s Shortcut Link
One method that starts your home page to unwanted address like nationzoom.com is by integrating the link to browser’s shortcut link. On this section, we will discuss the proper removal of unwanted entries on shortcut link.
Cleaning Internet Explorer’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Internet Explorer and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Internet Explorer.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to nationzoom.com. Please refer to image below.
Cleaning Google Chrome’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Google Chrome and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Google Chrome.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to nationzoom.com. Please see image below for your reference.
Cleaning Mozilla Forefox’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Mozilla Firefox and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Mozilla Firefox.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to nationzoom.com. See screenshot image below.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from nationzoom.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with nationzoom.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to nationzoom.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. nationzoom.com home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by nationzoom.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.