“Your Movies Now” is an ad-supported program claiming to give you instant access to various movie web sites. For this reason, many computer users are induced to use this tool. A large amount of them did not realize that free program such as this has malicious intent. You must be aware that “Your Movies Now” is under the class of potentially unwanted program (PUP) due to its unpredicted installation of various adware.
Apart from movie access, “Your Movies Now” is also promoted as a tool to quickly search and access movie reviews, show times, and other relevant resources. It assures almost all possibilities to grant you admission to various sites to be able to trick you into installing “Your Movies Now”.
Once this adware infiltrated the computer, it begins to monitor your browsing habit. Records search queries, and gather essential online information. Collected data are enough to exhibit advertisements that are appealing to you. As usual, the aim is to gain profit via this online advertising scheme.
“Your Movies Now” is very much similar to MoviesHDPlayer and HDCave. Authors of this adware know that countless of web users are keen into watching online movies. They are the most targeted by this adware. “Your Movies Now” may have a number of tempting features but it is not worthy for your online privacy to suffer. There are other similar programs, which will not put your computer at risk. Security should be your main concern, so better choose wisely.
At this point, all we can advise is to stay away from “Your Movies Now”. If it is present on your computer, better uninstall this program before it can add further risks.
Online Security Scanner Report for yourmovietimenow.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||June 09, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||June 09, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||June 09, 2016|
How to Remove “Your Movies Now” Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall “Your Movies Now”
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove “Your Movies Now” entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to “Your Movies Now”. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted “Your Movies Now” from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of “Your Movies Now” on the affected browser.