Lasaoren Search is a browser hijacker that is endorsed as a new type of search engine. It uses valid search engine that may give you reliable results. So far, we can say that there is no malicious how it provides search results. However, there are reports that Lasaoren Search is linked to adware and some malware.
Some people dubbed Lasaoren Search as malware due to the scheme it uses when spreading its code. Normally, it is bundled to various freeware and shareware. Lasaoren Search can get installed on the PC without user’s full consent. In short, the installation process of this unknown search is very typical how most adware gain access on the computer.
When Lasaoren Search is loaded, it will make your browser to open with lasaoren.com as your home page. In some instances, this browser hijacker may also add toolbars and make certain changes on the browser settings without taking your advice. Additionally, Lasaoren Search causes advertisements to appear on the browser once it sense that Internet connection is present.
Since you can utilize known search like Google, Bing, and Yahoo, we highly suggest opt-out Lasaoren Search from your choices. It may not be a virus or malware but there is still some suspicious activity derived from Lasaoren Search that may result to endanger the privacy of your computer.
Complete guide to remove Lasaoren Search from the browser is outlined on this page. To totally get rid of this adware, you need to scan the PC with a combination of security tools as suggested below.
Online Security Scanner Report for lasaoren.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Oct. 8, 2015|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Oct. 8, 2015|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Oct. 8, 2015|
Lasaoren Search Browser Hijacker Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Lasaoren Search home page hijacker. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Lasaoren Search. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Lasaoren Search. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 3: Remove Lasaoren Search Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Lasaoren Search from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Lasaoren Search on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Lasaoren Search
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Lasaoren Search. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Lasaoren Search. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual add-on removal from this link.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Lasaoren Search home page hijacker should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Lasaoren Search and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see view instructions here.