Iadah Toolbar is deemed as adware that gains access on the computer by embedding itself to freeware and shareware. User naturally install this program without having the whole idea of its function. This is due to bundling method wherein multiple software including Iadah Toolbar, simultaneously installs on the computer even without permission.
On its official website, Iadah Toolbar is marketed as a tool that will help user quickly access important contents like emails, weather alert, latest news, and many more. Iadah Toolbar is also equipped with a search bar for user’s instant search queries. Hence, as of this moment, Iadah Toolbar is directly aiming on French and Spanish computer users.
Once this program is installed on the computer, extension will be included in the browser. This will result to alteration of homepage and default search engine. Typically, default search is set to resolve to iadah.net, iadah.com, or iadah.co.uk. It is also worth to mention that Iadah Toolbar uses content-layering solution in order to display advertisements on various parts of search result page.
Beside from forcible changes on browser, Iadah Toolbar also causes risks especially on your online privacy. This adware can collect vital information from the computer including IP address, search queries, keywords used, and online credentials.
Even though there are risks for having Iadah Toolbar, most security professionals do not include this software in the list of computer viruses. It is more appropriate to be classed as potentially unwanted program (PUP). It may not be as harmful as computer viruses, but you still need to remove Iadah Toolbar from the PC to prevent further harm and avoid additional adware or malware infection.
How to Remove Iadah Toolbar
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Iadah Toolbar
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Iadah Toolbar entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Iadah Toolbar. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Iadah Toolbar from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Iadah Toolbar on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Iadah Toolbar
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Iadah Toolbar. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Iadah Toolbar from Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Iadah Toolbar. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Iadah Toolbar. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Chrome Cleanup Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Iadah Toolbar.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Iadah Toolbar should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Iadah Toolbar and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.