Home page redirecting to Home.prontofileconverter.com is definitely cause by adware infection. It utilizes unknown search engine that can be risky on the computer. This unwanted program can take over and manipulates start-up page and new tab configuration. Thus, if Home.prontofileconverter.com is showing up as your home page, it signifies that adware already made changes to browser settings. Replacing the default search engine is a widespread ploy by adware authors. It is through this scheme that they can be able to serve advertisements and generate huge amount of profits in return. With excessive ads showing up and system performance failing, most people deemed the presence of Home.prontofileconverter.com as some kind of virus infection.
Same with Home.convertpdfpronto.com and Home.downloadspeedtester.com, Home.prontofileconverter.com is categorically an adware. It is not considered as computer virus. Even if most adware act like a virus, they are not made to be infectious. To be exact, Home.prontofileconverter.com does not spread on its own. It requires manual installation to run on the system. Adware authors are packaging this adware to freeware. While installing these programs, Home.prontofileconverter.com also loaded secretly without asking for user’s approval.
Freeware, games, tools, bogus updates, and fake players are common sources of Home.prontofileconverter.com. They can be acquired from unfamiliar web sites. There are also traces of distribution over social media sites with scammers using dubious links. Regardless of how this adware arrives on your computer, the effect of Home.prontofileconverter.com is very is inconvenient to your online browsing activities.
Online Security Scanner Report for home.prontofileconverter.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Sept. 19, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Sept. 19, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Sept. 19, 2016|
Procedures to Remove Home.prontofileconverter.com Adware from Mac
Below is a simple procedure to help you get rid of Home.prontofileconverter.com from Macintosh system. Removal of the adware on various browser is also included.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to Home.prontofileconverter.com
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware i.e. Pronto File Converter, SearchAssist, Genieo. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located Home.prontofileconverter.com, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Force Quit the Application:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit. In this case, try to look for Pronto File Converter or Genieo.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. Proceed to the next steps to delete files and malicious objects.
Step 3: Delete Malicious Files that have installed Home.prontofileconverter.com
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clipboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the Home.prontofileconverter.com to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most recent ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step2, number 4. Drag them to the Trash.
10. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
Step 4: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including Home.prontofileconverter.com.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, Home.prontofileconverter.com is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 5: Remove Home.prontofileconverter.com from Safari Home Page and Search
1. Open Apple menu and select Force Quit. You can also press Command + Option + Esc on the keyboard to access this feature.
2. From the list of applications, select Safari, and then click on Force Quit button. Wait for Safari browser to close.
3. Now, hold down Shift key and launch Safari. Do this to avoid opening any unwanted window from Home.prontofileconverter.com.
4. Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
5. Under General tab, type the desired URL on Home Page area.
6. To set the default search engine, please go back to Safari Preferences.
7. Click on Search and select the desired search engine from the list to override Home.prontofileconverter.com custom search engine.