Go Unzip is a toolbar, new tab, and malicious browser extension. It claims to give user quick access to its file compression features without leaving the browser. Users usually acquire this program from third-party applications like freeware, and shareware. It is bundled to free programs and sometimes offered as added app to install. Hence, in most instances, GoUnzip Extension is installed without users authority.
Throughout the setup of downloaded freeware, Go Unzip Toolbar is also loaded into the computer without taking permission from user. The adware make changes on the system as well as targeted Internet browser. Go Unzip adds toolbar and other components that intend to promote a program or sell a product.
Go Unzip Toolbar may also replace the default search with its own design while utilizing popular search engine such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo. There are also instances that custom search box of this adware may conquer browser’s homepage and new tab window.
Computer security professionals classed Go Unzip as an adware. In general, it is not a virus. primary objective of this adware is to issue ads and promote software that in return will generate revenue for its authors. Files and registry entries dropped by Go Unzip Toolbar are not so harmful, although they are annoying when integrated on most browsers.
Removing Go Unzip Toolbar adware can be done by simply disabling add-on, extension, or plug-in it has dropped on the PC. For a complete guide, please see the removal section on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for free.gounzip.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Dec. 01, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No data||Dec. 01, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||Dec. 01, 2016|
How to Remove Go Unzip Toolbar
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Go Unzip Toolbar
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Go Unzip Toolbar, MyWay, or MindSpark entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Go Unzip Toolbar. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Go Unzip Toolbar from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Go Unzip Toolbar on the affected browser.
Step 4: Remove Go Unzip Toolbar Extension and Add-on
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Go Unzip Toolbar. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Go Unzip Toolbar from Google Chrome
Option 1 – Delete Malicious Extension from Chrome Browser
One way to remove Go Unzip Toolbar from Google Chrome is simply to delete the Extension. Please follow these steps:
1. Open Google Chrome browser.
2. Type the following in the address bar and press Enter on keyboard: chrome://extensions
3. On Extensions window, please delete Go Unzip Toolbar by clicking on Trash icon.
4. Google Chrome will prompt for the confirmation of Go Unzip Toolbar removal. Please click on Remove button to proceed.
5. You may now restart Chrome browser.
Option 2 – Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Go Unzip Toolbar. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type the this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Go Unzip Toolbar. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Software Removal Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Remove Go Unzip Toolbar from Firefox
Option 1 – Delete Add-on from Firefox Browser
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. On the address bar, type the following strings and press Enter on keyboard: about:addons
3. Under Add-ons Manager, look for Go Unzip Toolbar and click associated Remove button. See image below for reference.
4. Firefox will confirm your actions by clicking Yes. Please make sure that you have selected to Remove the home page and restore my previous setting.
5. You may now restart Firefox browser.
Option 2 – Refresh Mozilla Firefox
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Go Unzip Toolbar. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Go Unzip Toolbar should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Remove Go Unzip Toolbar from Internet Explorer
Go Unzip Toolbar loads on Internet Explorer when you install the main program. Therefore, uninstalling it from Add/Remove Programs (Step 1) should also remove its extension from the browser. If in case Go Unzip Toolbar still exists, please restore Internet Explorer settings to its default value.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Go Unzip Toolbar and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.