FreeSoftToday is identified by some antivirus and security programs as virus. Due to its insidious method to infiltrate a computer, the program is acting like a malware. Its presence on the computer provides many annoyances including pop-ups and browser redirect. Actually, FreeSoftToday was made as a marketing avenue to promote unknown programs. The intent is legal, while the method is illicit, which makes computer users be wary on the presence of FreeSoftToday.
Often FreeSoftToday arrives on the computer as part of freeware. You may obtain this kind of program from various web sites, including reputable ones. They call it bundled applications, thus, most servers allows this trick as long as users are notified of the consisting programs. However, in most instances, options will only appear if user runs the downloaded file in ‘Custom’ installation. Using the default or ‘Express’ install process loads all the programs that is packed with the freeware and that includes FreeSoftToday.
Due to the programs constant appearance which bothers computer users, most of them demands for instant removal of FreeSoftToday. Some complains having difficulty of uninstalling the program from their PC. For this reason, we have outlined a systematic guide on how to properly remove FreeSoftToday, add-ons, extension, and files from the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for freesofttoday.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Dec. 12, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Dec. 12, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Dec. 12, 2013|
How to Remove FreeSoftToday
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds FreeSoftToday Ads and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 2: Double-check for FreeSoftToday Ads’ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for FreeSoftToday Ads. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all FreeSoftToday Ads entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that FreeSoftToday Ads have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.