fastclicknow.com is an advertising platform that is utilized by adware and potentially unwanted program to get promoted over the Internet. This is considered as adware that shows a number of pop-up ads on browsers like Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. When you are surfing the web and fastclicknow.com is intervening with your sessions, you PC is probably compromised with an adware.
Main purpose of fastclicknow.com and other similar browser redirect adware is to campaign for various web sites, products, and online services. fastclicknow.com redirects or pop-up usually attempt to deliver your web traffic to unknown or fairly new web sites. These redirect committed by fastclicknow.com is very disturbing to most computer users, and for that, it was dubbed as virus attack on the system.
There are certain ways that you should have avoided fastclicknow.com redirect adware. First, keep out of free programs that claims to be useful when installed on the computer. Second, if you can’t resist it, install the freeware via custom mode and opt-out from loading other programs aside from the main software. There are instances that fastclicknow.com adware may be embedded onto fake games, software updates, and program patches. In this case, download updates directly from developer’s web site and keep away from intermediary providers.
Online Security Scanner Report for fastclicknow.com:
|No issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Oct 9, 2013|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Oct 9, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Oct 9, 2013|
fastclicknow.com Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to fastclicknow.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove fastclicknow.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted fastclicknow.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of fastclicknow.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with fastclicknow.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to fastclicknow.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. fastclicknow.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by fastclicknow.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.