EasyShopper or Easy Shopper is categorically an adware that is referred by many Mac users as pesky and bothering extension. First and foremost, this program will get inside Mac systems unknown to user. It comes uninvited with a program you have intentionally downloaded. In other terms, bundling EasyShopper adware to free program is the trick being used by adware authors. Although, the adware doesn’t live by this technique alone as it may use other ways like spreading links to social media sites and spam emails.
Most of the victims that have acquired EasyShopper are those careless Internet users. The only difference is this adware focuses more on Mac users. However, they are not the only one need to be aware of EasyShopper, because the adware may also have versions for PC and Mobile users as well.
If EasyShopper adware has entered the computer, instantly you will notice changes on the browser. There are strange things happening while you surf online shopping sites. EasyShopper ads will appear containing a number of coupons that are relevant to your interest. Clicking on this number will expand the offer showing various links, coupons, discounts, and savings for a related product.
It appears that EasyShopper is worthy of being on the browser saving you time looking for online discounts. However, it is reported that adware authors are utilizing this service to direct web browsers to risky web sites. This leads to infection of adware once site is visited.
Online Security Scanner Report for maceasyshopper.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 08 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 08 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: July 08 2016|
Procedures to Remove EasyShopper Adware from Mac
Below is a simple procedure to help you get rid of EasyShopper from Macintosh system. Removal of the adware on various browser is also included.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1: Remove Browser Extensions that belongs to EasyShopper
1. Locate the add-on or extension that is relevant to the adware i.e. EasyShopper, SearchAssist. To do this, please follow the following depending on affected browser.
Safari – Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click the Extensions icon. This will open a window showing all installed extensions.
Chrome – Select Preferences from the Chrome menu, and then click the Extensions link found on the left pane.
Firefox – Choose Add-ons from the Tools menu. Look at both the Extensions and Plugins lists when it opens a new window.
2. Once you have located EasyShopper, click on Remove or Uninstall, to get rid of it.
3. Close the browser and proceed to the next steps.
Step 2: Delete Malicious Files that have installed EasyShopper
1. Select and copy the string below to your Clickboard by pressing Command + C on your keyboard.
2. Go to your Finder. From the menu bar please select Go > Go to Folder…
3. Press Command + V on your keyboard to paste the copied string. Press Return to go to the said folder.
4. You will now see a folder named LaunchAgents. Take note of the following files inside the folder:
If you cannot find the specified file, please look for any unfamiliar or suspicious entries. It may be the one causing the EasyShopper to be present on your Mac. Arranging all items to see the most recent ones may also help you identify recently installed unfamiliar files. Please press Option + Command + 4 on your keyboard to arrange the application list in chronological order.
5. Drag all suspicious files that you may find to Trash.
6. Repeat Step 2, numbers 1-5 procedures on the following folder (without ~):
7. Please restart the computer.
8. Open another folder using the same method as above. Copy and Paste the following string to easily locate the folder.
9. Look for any suspicious items that are similar to the ones in Step2, number 4. Drag them to the Trash.
10. Go to your Finder and open the Applications Folder. Look for subfolders with the following names and drag them to Trash.
Optional: For locked files that cannot be removed, do the following:
1. Go to Launchpad, Utilities folder, open Activity Monitor.
2. Select the process you want to quit.
3. Click on Force Quit button.
4. You may now delete or remove locked files that belongs to EasyShopper.
Step 3: Scan the System with Adware Removal Tool for Mac
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac from this link:
Click here to download MBAM for Mac (this will open a new window)
2. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac. It will check for updates and download if most recent version is available. This is necessary in finding recent malware threats including EasyShopper.
3. If it prompts to close all running web browser, please do so. Thus, we advise you to PRINT this guide for your reference before going offline.
4. Once it opens the user interface, please click on Scan button to start scanning your Mac computer.
5. After the scan, Malwarebytes Anti-malware for Mac will display a list of identified threats, EasyShopper is surely part of it. Be sure to select all items in the list. Then, click Remove button to clean the computer.
Step 4: Remove EasyShopper from Safari Home Page and Search
1. Open Apple menu and select Force Quit. You can also press Command + Option + Esc on the keyboard to access this feature.
2. From the list of applications, select Safari, and then click on Force Quit button. Wait for Safari browser to close.
3. Now, hold down Shift key and launch Safari. Do this to avoid opening any unwanted window from EasyShopper.
4. Go to Safari Menu located on upper left hand corner, and then select Preferences.
5. Under General tab, type the desired URL on Home Page area.
6. To set the default search engine, please go back to Safari Preferences.
7. Click on Search and select the desired search engine from the list to override EasyShopper custom search engine.