Remove Delta Search Virus (delta-search.com Redirect)
Delta Search is an adware operated search engine that commonly downloaded into the computer by means of free ware. This adware loves to interfere with your Internet browser. It is injected as Delta Search add-on or extension to Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer. When installed on the browser, Delta Search finds a way to redirect your home page to delta-search.com and other relevant sub-domains.
You may not notice that Delta Search was made to earn money for its authors. Search results you will find on this unknown search engine show many advertisements coming from its partner sites. Your click to any links mean money for adware authors. There is a tendency that link you will visit employs a drive-by-download method that causes malware infection. Thus, we suggest avoiding links provided by Delta Search virus.
Now that you have learned about the dangers of using Delta Search, you have no option but to remove it from the computer. Running various anti-virus and anti-malware scanner helps remove the threat and delete all infected files. To make your computer safe, keep aware from web sites that offer you free download of software that has Delta Search packed in it.
Online Security Scanner Report for Delta Search:
To confirm the condition of the web site, we uses online web site scanner to analyze delta-search.com for safety and security. Here is what we have found:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 1.6/5.0||Updated: July 29, 2013|
|Safe||Feedback: Browser Exploit||Updated: July 29, 2013|
|Probably Safe||Ratings: 5 Likes, 13 Dislikes||Updated: July 29, 2013|
How does Delta Search enters a computer?
Delta Search is part of adware operation. It normally spreads via the Internet. It can reach you through spam emails, social networking sites, and bad web sites. File-sharing networks also deploy Delta Search. Creators of this adware embeds the code to program they acquired from the web and made it available via peer-to-peer programs.
What are the effects of browser hijacker on my computer?
- Browser hijacker including Delta Search will flood the screen with various advertisements.
- It override the home page and make delta-search.com as your default search engine.
- This adware can load other malware or viruses by redirecting your browser to compromised web sites.
Delta Search Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Delta Search. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the instllation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Delta Search. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Delta Search with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to delta-search.com. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Stage 3: Remove delta-search.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Delta Search from the computer. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Delta Search on the affected browser.
Stage 4: Cleanup Internet Browser’s Shortcut Link
One method that starts your home page to unwanted address like delta-search.com is by integrating the link to browser’s shortcut link. On this section, we will discuss the proper removal of unwanted entries on shortcut link.
Cleaning Internet Explorer’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Internet Explorer and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Internet Explorer.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to delta-search.com. Please refer to image below.
Cleaning Google Chrome’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Google Chrome and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Google Chrome.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to delta-search.com. Please see image below for your reference.
Cleaning Mozilla Forefox’s Shortcut Link:
1. Locate the shortcut icon for Mozilla Firefox and right-click on it.
2. Select Properties from the drop-down list. This method opens the Shortcut settings for Mozilla Firefox.
3. Under Target field, you will need to remove extra path pointing to delta-search.com. See screenshot image below.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Delta Search
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Delta Search. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Delta Search. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored Delta Search should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Delta Search and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.