click.suretofind.com or Sponsorship is a malicious browser add-on that was made to extend damages to known browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. It uses an invasive method to get inside the computer without taking your approval. As witnesses’ states, click.suretofind.com comes from fake updates of certain programs like Java Runtime, Adobe Flash Player, and Quicktime. There are also reports that authors keep the adware wrapped with freeware that are already deployed on various web sites. So, be careful when downloading and installing free programs. There are many of this kind that has already been reported and that includes online.loginwinner.com and othersa.info.
After being hijacked by this adware, your browser will receive enormous ads from click.suretofind.com. Home page, new tab, and pop-up windows all bears ads from the said domain. Distinguishing sign of these unwanted ads includes survey or poll pop-ups, contest, and health related forms that ask for user’s data.
If you were to remove click.suretofind.com and other relevant adware, better do it as quick as possible. It is observed that the adware has a tendency to obtain other risk from its own servers. You should not trust click.suretofind.com pop-up or Sponsorship ads. It has offers that cause some users to loss some money due to fraudulent billings. At the same time, your identity is at risk while this adware is still intact inside the computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for click.suretofind.com:
click.suretofind.com is fairly new. So far, no data can be extracted from online security scanner. Having no report doesn’t necessarily mean that the domain is safe. We have already pointed out that click.suretofind.com is similar to other previous threats that received negative feedback from users around the world. We will update these reports every now and then.
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: July 28, 2013|
|Not Yet Tested||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 28, 2013|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: July 28, 2013|
click.suretofind.com Removal Guide
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to click.suretofind.com. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Stage 2: Remove click.suretofind.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted click.suretofind.com from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of click.suretofind.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with click.suretofind.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to click.suretofind.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. click.suretofind.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by click.suretofind.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.