Browser Toolbox is an ad-supported program intentionally made to earn revenues online. User normally obtain this adware from various online sources. Primarily, it is deployed using shareware and third-party applications.Software-bundling technique is used to reach target computer without a detection. By packing the malicious code onto valid programs, most computer users are unaware of its installation.
To provide a selection of web tools and enhance your Internet searching experience is the selling point of Browser Toolbox. However, the main goal of this adware is to generate profit by displaying ads once victim use it as browser extension. Browser Toolbox works with known browsers such as Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Modifications are done on browser program so that Browser Toolbox will load as browser helper object. Home page and start-up page will show unwanted search engine. New tabs may also show the same signs.
Resetting your browser to its default value may never help in removing Browser Toolbox totally. It will carry on with its operation and issue excessive advertisements like pop-ups, banners, and links. Above all, Browser Toolbox exposes your online data to attacker. The adware may record your browsing activities like surfing habit, web site visited, key words, and other online credentials.
It is crucial to remove Browser Toolbox when presence is observed on your computer. If resetting your browser to default settings is not effective, we highly suggest that you scan the system with anti-virus and anti-malware tools. Complete guide to remove Browser Toolbox is presented on this page.
Online Security Scanner Report for browsertoolbox.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: June 11, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: June 11, 2016|
|Currently safe||Ratings: No Data||Updated: June 11, 2016|
How to Remove Browser Toolbox
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Browser Toolbox
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Browser Toolbox entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Browser Toolbox. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Browser Toolbox Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Browser Toolbox from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Browser Toolbox on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Browser Toolbox
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Browser Toolbox. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Browser Toolbox. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Browser Toolbox extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Browser Toolbox.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Browser Toolbox should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Browser Toolbox and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.