Antivirus Plus 2014 is a virus that pretends as real security program for Windows. To prove its worth, this rogue anti-virus program will provide scan and detect function each time you start Windows. As expected, it will display a number of threats identified on the computer. Apart from that scan, Antivirus Plus 2014 also sends warnings and an alert constantly reminding that Windows PC is at risks. It then suggests buying the Antivirus Plus 2014 registration key in order to fully protect the computer and remove all threats from the system.
It is pretty obvious that Antivirus Plus 2014 was made to mislead victims like you. In fact all threats found on the computer are unreal. Also alerts you may see are part of the script that this malware runs to make it look like a working anti-virus program. You should never worry on warning shown by Antivirus Plus 2014, what you have to be concerned more is the presence of this rogue security program. It can add further harm on the computer if not removed at once.
You must also know that Antivirus Plus 2014 and similar fake anti-virus may arrive on the computer at least expected. It is also spread over the Internet with the help of Trojan and other malware. This threat will look for any weak spot on the computer which it will use to gain access. Thus, it is vital to have your installed program updated.
How to Remove Antivirus Plus 2014
Stage 1: Activating the Rogue Program
To easily uninstall Antivirus Plus 2014, we need to upgrade it to full version. As you can observe, computer has limited function. Thus, it is difficult to perform removal procedure at this stage. To activate Antivirus Plus 2014, click on Buy Full Edition button at the bottom of the console and enter the serial number below. If it prompts for email address, you can input anything you want.
Antivirus Plus 2014 Activation Codes:
Stage 2: Scan the Computer with ESET Rogue Application Remover (ERAR)
1. Download the free scanner called ESET Rogue Application Remover.
Download Link for ERAR (this will open a new window)
2. Choose appropriate version for your Windows System. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start the program. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file ERARemover_.exe.
4. On ESET Rogue Application Remover SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS, click Accept to continue.
5. The tool will start scanning the computer. It will prompt when it finds Antivirus Plus 2014 and other malicious entities. Follow the prompt to proceed with the removal.
Stage 3: Double-check for Antivirus Plus 2014′ leftover with Microsoft’s Malicious Software Removal Tool
1. Download the free scanner called Malicious Software Removal Tool.
Malicious Software Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. The tool automatically checks the operating system and suggest appropriate download version. Click on Download button to begin. Save the file to a convenient location, preferably on Desktop.
3. After downloading the file, Windows will prompt that download has completed. Click Run to start scanning for Antivirus Plus 2014. Another option is to browse the location folder and double click on the file to run.
4. The tool will display Welcome screen, click Next. Please note the message “This tool is not a replacement for an antivirus product.” You must understand that this program is made specifically to find and remove malware, viruses, Trojans, and other harmful elements on the computer. It was not designed to protect the computer.
5. Next, you will see Scan Type. Please choose Full Scan to ensure that all Antivirus Plus 2014 entities and other harmful files left on the computer will be found and removed. For advanced computer user, you can opt for Customized Scan, if there are other drives or folders you wanted to include in this scan.
6. Full scan may take a while, please wait for Malicious Software Removal Tool to complete the tasks. However, you may cancel the scan anytime by clicking on the Cancel button.
7. After scanning, the tool will reveal all identified threats. There may be other threats that our first scan fails to detect. Please remove/delete all detected items.
8. When removal procedure is complete, you may now close Malicious Software Removal Tool. We hope that Antivirus Plus 2014 have been completely deleted from the computer. Please restart Windows to proceed with the normal operation.