mixidj.claro-search.com is a browser redirect plug-in that affects known browser like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. This is known as adware because it is injected into the computer by means of other program. You may have no intention but mixidj.claro-search.com can be installed on the PC via your needed application. If installed, home page of the affected browser will stick to the search engine at mixidj.claro-search.com.
Most people are having frustrations in removing this browser hijacker from the PC. You must realize that adware authors intentionally made the uninstall procedure difficult. They want mixidj.claro-search.com to stay on your computer so that it can serve ads longer. Surely, adware authors are making this as a business to generate income. Ads shown on the search results of mixidj.claro-search.com are paid links.
When you attempt to remove mixidj.claro-search.com from Windows control panel and were not successful, try executing the procedures on this post. This will get the adware out of the system as well as Internet browser. Stop the redirect by deleting plug-in or add-on it has injected to the browser.
Online Security Scanner Report for mixidj.claro-search.com:
To confirm the condition of the web site, we uses online web site scanner to analyze mixidj.claro-search.com for safety and security. Here is what we have found:
How does mixidj.claro-search.com enters a computer?
A number of means not common to ordinary users may give way for mixidj.claro-search.com to enter the computer. Due to its misleading technique, many people may not recognize that they are downloading risky file. Here is some other mode why mytoolsapp.info ended up on your computer.
– You may have downloaded a program to where mixidj.claro-search.com is bundled.
– Clicking on malicious links sent from spam email messages can lead to the adware infection.
– Some intentionally installs the code through misleading tactics employed by adware authors.
What are the effects of browser hijacker on my computer?
– Browser hijacker including mixidj.claro-search.com can issue pop-up advertisements.
– It replaces the home page with a modified search engine bearing its own title and web address.
– Adware installs add-ons, extension, or plug-ins that sometimes are hard to get rid of.
mixidj.claro-search.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This rootkit and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like mixidj.claro-search.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link (this will open a new window)
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the instllation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to mixidj.claro-search.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete mixidj.claro-search.com with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to mixidj.claro-search.com. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Stage 3: Remove mixidj.claro-search.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted mixidj.claro-search.com from the computer. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of mixidj.claro-search.com on the affected browser.
Optional: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from mixidj.claro-search.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with mixidj.claro-search.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to mixidj.claro-search.com. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, you can view complete procedures here.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. mixidj.claro-search.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by mixidj.claro-search.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the instructions manually, please see this specific procedure.