MyVideoDownloadTab is an ad-supported program claiming to give you easy access to free services for downloading videos and movies. For this reason, many computer users are enticed to obtain this tool. Most of them are unaware that free program such as this can cause some troubles. You must be aware that “My Video Download Tab” is member of potentially unwanted program (PUP) family that also includes MyDrivingtab and MyTVTab.
Apart from video access, MyVideoDownloadTab is also promoted as video converter tool. Working only on New Tab of Google Chrome, this tool seems to be very versatile for giving users quick video download procedures and instantly converts them without the need for separate application.
Once this adware gains access on the computer, it starts to monitor browsing activities. It records search queries, and gather essential online information. Collected data are enough to display advertisements that are appealing to you. As usual, the aim is to market various products to gain online revenue through pop-ups with labels “Ads by MyVideoDownloadTab“or “Brought by MyVideoDownloadTab“.
Publisher of this adware know that countless of web users are keen into watching online video. They are the most targeted by this adware. MyVideoDownloadTab may have a number of tempting features but it is not worthy for your online privacy to suffer. There are other similar programs, which will not put your computer at risk. Security should be your main concern, so better choose wisely.
Remember that this adware is somehow risky and spreads with malicious intent. Stay away from MyVideoDownloadTab. If it is present on your computer, better uninstall this program before it can add more threats.
Online Security Scanner Report for lp.myvideodownloadtab.com:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||July 30, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No data||July 30, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No data||July 30, 2016|
How to Remove MyVideoDownloadTab Adware from PC
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall MyVideoDownloadTab
The main cause of adware and malware presence could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove MyVideoDownloadTab or Upside Innovations entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to MyVideoDownloadTab. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted MyVideoDownloadTab from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of MyVideoDownloadTab on the affected browser.