Go Maps is ad ad-supported application presently marketed as a tool that gives user free driving directions and maps. The program was primarily published as income generating software. Usually, Go Maps will exhibit targeted advertisements based on collected data from user’s browsing habit. Internet cookies by this adware tend to monitor visited web sites and search inquiries. The adware is also designed to learn your interests relevant to online purchasing and products.
Similar to My News Wire and Easy Weather Access, it is also observed that Go Maps can issue ads in different sizes and shapes. Pop-up ads, banners, contextual, and redirects are just some that can distract your online browsing activities. Keep in mind that this adware releases ads from unusual advertising network, which are unsafe and can lead to adware or malware infections. Cyber criminals are utilizing this kind of ad network to propagate dubious programs. Thus, never click on ads by Go Maps.
Packing several PUP’s and Adware into one installation file is a common routine by adware publishers. Thus, when you install Go Maps, other adware also gets loaded on the computer even without user’s approval. After successful installation, users start to see unwanted changes especially on browser. In this instance, browser’s home page will be converted to Search.gomaps.co.
Always mind your safety when browsing the web to avoid harmful adware like Go Maps. Download programs only from reputable sources and official web sites. It is also vital to guard your computer with security software that can block malicious file download and suspicious internet traffic.
To easily get rid of Go Maps together with other adware and PUP, we made a simple guide on this page. Using various malware scanners is recommended to delete all hidden adware files that were dropped on various folders of your computer.
Online Security Scanner Report for gomaps.co:
|Not yet tested||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Aug. 08, 2016|
|Link is safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 08, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: Aug. 08, 2016|
How to Remove Go Maps
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Go Maps
The main cause of pop-up ads and coupons could be software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list. Alternatively, press Windows key + R on keyboard and run appwiz.cpl command.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Go Maps or SaferBrowser entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Go Maps. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Adware Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Go Maps from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Go Maps on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Go Maps
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Go Maps. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Remove Go Maps from Google Chrome
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Go Maps. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome application.
2. In the address bar please type this string: chrome://settings/ and then, press Enter on keyboard.
3. Scroll down, then click Show advanced settings…
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Reset Settings section.
5. Click on Reset Settings button. If it prompts for confirmation, please click Reset to proceed.
This function will reset your home page, new tab page, search engine, and other areas affected by Go Maps. Unwanted extensions will also be removed from the browser. This will not affect your bookmarks, history, and other saved data. You may also download Software Removal Tool from this page. A stand-alone reset tool from Google Chrome but with more advanced Adware scanner feature.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Go Maps.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Go Maps should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Go Maps and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.