Dash Browser is a potentially unwanted program that may enter the computer without user’s approval. Makers of this unwanted browser are using third-party software to secretly install this product on the computer. Once installed, it can be set as the default browser, overriding your current setup. Through this intrusive way of gaining computer access, security professionals put Dash Browser in the list of Adware.
Common sources of Dash Browser are software bundles. This adware is packed with other adware and free software including utilities, free games, media players, and bogus software updates. Installing these products in usual manner is likewise giving it the authority to load all programs that comes with it, including Dash Browser. Thus, it is important to pay close attention when loading freeware. If you can, proceed with customized installation process so that you can disregard unwanted programs and suspicious software.
On some cases, users deliberately install Dash Browser if they were induced that it is worthy. Some links and promotions online deliver plausible description for this product to entice computer users. Official web site states that this program is a browser with simple interface and less clutter that will not slow you down. As ad-supported software, Dash Browser may deliver ads that may include pop-ups, banners, text ads, and interstitial.
Aside from annoying advertisements by Dash Browser, this adware also changes home page settings and assign unwanted search tool as replacement. Modifications are also carried out on default search engine, which manipulates your search results.
Indeed, there are already trusted browsers available that matches the features of Dash Browser. You do not need to settle for unknown one that is less credible. It is still safer to browse the web with reliable internet application.
Online Security Scanner Report for gowithdash.com:
|Not yet tested||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 19, 2016|
|Not yet rated||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 19, 2016|
|Currently safe||Feedback: No Data||Updated: July 19, 2016|
How to Remove Dash Browser
This section contains comprehensive guide to help you remove threats from the affected computer.
It is highly suggested that you carry out all the steps in exact manner to effectively get rid of malware.
Step 1 : Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Dash Browser
The main cause of adware and malware could be dubious software that you may have installed on the computer. We need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs‘ area and click on Uninstall a program. This opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Dash Browser entry. If not present, look for any suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner_Ver.exe to start running the tool. Then, click on Scan button.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Dash Browser. You need to Clean all items detected by this tool.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, AdwCleaner will display the log file of the recent scan.
Step 3: Remove Dash Browser Add-on/Extension and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Dash Browser from the affected browser. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. Please install the program. Start the process by double-clicking on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup-sfx.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Dash Browser on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset Internet Browser to completely remove Dash Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Dash Browser. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from Dash Browser. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.
4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.
5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.
6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed Dash Browser extension.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Dash Browser.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click the Reset Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Reset Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Dash Browser should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Dash Browser and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.