Royal-search.com, also known as Royal Search Engine, is an unwanted search page that can take control of the home page. When it hijacks the home page, browser usually starts with a page that looks like a popular search engine. However, it was tailored to display ads from adware authors that intends to generate revenue through web traffics.
This browser redirect adware is typically bundled with freeware and shareware. While installing the preferred programs, other unwanted software will get installed on the computer aside from Royal-search.com. This is how adware spreads using third-party applications. On some instances, users have the option to reject other programs when running a ‘Custom’ install process. Users performing express setup of the program are the ones that usually acquire malicious code like Royal-search.com.
During the presence of Royal-search.com, there will an add-on obviously setup on the browser. As mentioned, its main target is home page or new tab window. Each time you run affected Internet browser, you will witness a new page in the presence of Royal-search.com instead of the default one you have previously setup. Most people who have this adware find conflict when trying to remove it from the computer. It seems that deleting Royal-search.com add-on alone will not resolve the hijacking issue. Scanning the computer with efficient anti-malware is a big factor in deleting this threat from the PC.
Online Security Scanner Report for Royal-search.com:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 0.0||Updated: Feb. 18, 2016|
|Dangerous||Feedback: Malicious site||Updated: Feb. 18, 2016|
|Currently Safe||Ratings: 0 Likes, 1 Dislike||Updated: Feb. 18, 2016|
Royal-search.com Removal Procedure
Stage 1: Scan the Computer with Sophos Virus Removal Tool
This malware and virus removal tool is free and easy to use. It scans, detects and removes any rootkit, malware as well as threat like Royal-search.com. The tool is powerful enough to find malicious items that are hidden on the computer.
1. Download Sophos Virus Removal Tool from the link below. Save the file to your Desktop so that we can access the file easily.
Sophos Virus Removal Tool Download Link
2. After downloading, navigate to the file location and double-click it. This will start the installation procedure. User Account Control will prompt if you want to run the program, click Yes to continue.
3. On initial launch of the program, it will display a welcome screen as shown in the image below. Click Next to start the installation procedure.
4. Next, you need to accept the license agreement before Sophos Virus Removal Tool can be installed onto the computer. Choose ‘I accept the terms in the license agreement’. Then, click Next button.
5. On the next prompts, please click appropriate button to proceed. At the end of the installation process, it will display InstallShield Wizard Completed. Just leave the Launch Sophos Virus Removal Tool with a check mark. Then, click Finish.
6. The tool will download necessary updates so Internet connection is required at this point. Lastly, Sophos Virus Removal Tool displays the welcome screen.
7. Click on Start Scanning button to begin checking the system for presence of rootkit and virus. The tool reveals items that were found linked to Royal-search.com. It also detects and removes other malicious files.
Stage 2: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Royal-search.com. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Stage 3: Remove Royal-search.com Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted Royal-search.com from the computer. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of Royal-search.com on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser from Royal-search.com
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with Royal-search.com. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to Royal-search.com.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. Royal-search.com should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain it the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by Royal-search.com and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.