driverupdate.net is a hazardous web address that intends to install potentially unwanted program onto visitors computer. When this address starts to pop-up on the computer, it merely denotes that adware may have entered the computer. This adware loads add-on that causing driverupdate.net to show pop-up ads. The same program can also cause your browser to get redirected to driverupdate.net or other relevant web sites.
Usually, free software is the main reason why driverupdate.net and other adware have gained access to computer. Installing this kind of software is the key of adware authors to also load their crap into your browser. The process is concealed most of the time. It won’t ask for your approval. driverupdate.net add-on will just get injected into the browser as add-on. So far, programs that can be disturbed by this adware are browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Thus, if you have these programs and frequently use it to surf the web, you have higher risk of having driverupdate.net pop-up ads and redirect if you didn’t pay attention to downloaded apps.
You can remove driverupdates.net and its pop-up ads simply by restoring the browser to its default clean settings. This process will not affect other part of the browser such as bookmarks, history, and so on. So, it is safe to use this method. Alternatively, you can scan the computer with tools that can remove unwanted add-on or extensions linked to driverupdate.net.
Online Security Scanner Report for driverupdate.net:
|No Issues||Community Rating: 4.5/5.0||Updated: Nov 10, 2013|
|Link is Safe||Feedback: N/A||Updated: Nov 10, 2013|
|Currently safe||Ratings: 8 Likes, 0 Dislikes||Updated: Nov 10, 2013|
How to Remove driverupdate.net (Pop-up Removal Guide)
Stage 1: Scan and Delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool called AdwCleaner from the location stated below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner (this will open a new window)
2. Once you have completed the download, please close all running programs on the computer.
3. Locate the file and double-click on adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of harmful programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to driverupdate.net. You may have to delete each detected item.
5. Once scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After reboot, open AdwCleaner once more. Click on Uninstall to remove this program from your computer.
Stage 2: Remove driverupdate.net Add-on and Cleanup the Browser
After the previous scans, you may have deleted driverupdate.net from the computer. This next step will ensure that no more module of adware will be left on the browser. This free tool scans and checks the browser for unwanted add-on and extension, and if found, Avast Browser Cleanup will give you a report and suggestion.
1. Download this free tool and save it to your desktop.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.
4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of driverupdate.net on the affected browser.
Option: Alternative Method to Clean Up Internet Browser
Cleaning your internet browser from clutter and unwanted add-on/extension is a must when dealing with driverupdate.net. The procedure below discuss on resetting various browsers to its default state.
Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default
This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to driverupdate.net.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.
3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.
4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. driverupdate.net should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to Default Settings
1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to top menu. Click Tools, and then Internet Options.
2. Select Advanced tab on Internet Options window.
3. On lower part of the window, under Reset Internet Explorer Settings area, click the Reset button. Please see image for reference.
Your data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. However, this process may delete add-ons by driverupdate.net and other unknown objects. If you prefer to carry out the procedure manually, please see add-on removal from Internet Explorer.